Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody
See all Smad2 + Smad3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Smad2 + Smad3 aa 30-80 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q15796
- Mouse lymphoma tissue; mouse brain lysates.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Aqueous buffered solution
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab217553 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
RelevanceSMAD is a family of proteins similar to the gene products of the Drosophila gene 'mothers against decapentaplegic' (Mad) and the C. elegans gene Sma. SMAD proteins are signal transducers and transcriptional modulators that mediate multiple signaling pathways. They mediate the signal of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, and thus regulate multiple cellular processes, such as cell proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Note: Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
- hMAD 2 antibody
- hMAD 3 antibody
- hSMAD2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody (ab217553) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : mouse brain lysates
Lane 2 : mouse kidney lysates
All lanes : HRP-conjugated secondary antibody at 1/3000 dilution
Observed band size: 47 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded mouse lymphoma tissue labeling Smad2 + Smad3 with ab217553 at 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
ab217553 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Li L et al. The dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin ameliorates renal injury in type 1 diabetic mice via inhibiting the TGF-ß/Smad signal pathway. Pharmazie 74:239-242 (2019). PubMed: 30940309
- Liu Y et al. Quercetin suppresses glomerulosclerosis and TGF-ß signaling in a rat model. Mol Med Rep 19:4589-4596 (2019). PubMed: 30942399
- Adhikary S et al. FGF-2 targets sclerostin in bone and myostatin in skeletal muscle to mitigate the deleterious effects of glucocorticoid on musculoskeletal degradation. Life Sci 229:261-276 (2019). PubMed: 31082400
- Li L et al. Recombinant truncated TGF-ß receptor II attenuates carbon tetrachloride-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and liver fibrosis in rats. Mol Med Rep 17:315-321 (2018). PubMed: 29115426
- Huang T et al. STK39, overexpressed in osteosarcoma, regulates osteosarcoma cell invasion and proliferation. Oncol Lett 14:4599-4604 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28943960