Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody
See all Smad2 + Smad3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3
Specificityab63672 detects endogenous levels of total Smad2 and Smad3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Smad2 and Smad3 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 8 (P-F-TP-P-P).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63672 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa.|
RelevanceSMAD is a family of proteins similar to the gene products of the Drosophila gene 'mothers against decapentaplegic' (Mad) and the C. elegans gene Sma. SMAD proteins are signal transducers and transcriptional modulators that mediate multiple signaling pathways. They mediate the signal of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, and thus regulate multiple cellular processes, such as cell proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Note: Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
- hMAD 2 antibody
- hMAD 3 antibody
- hSMAD2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody (ab63672) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COS-7 (African green monkey kidney fibroblast-like cell line) cell extracts treated with UV (15mins)
Lane 2 : COS-7 (African green monkey kidney fibroblast-like cell line) cell extracts untreated
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell extracts treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins)
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell extracts treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins) with immunizing peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Observed band size: 48 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab63672 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Yin J et al. Isoflurane Postconditioning Upregulates Phosphorylated Connexin 43 in the Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Model and Is Probably Associated with the TGF-ß1/Smad2/3 Signaling Pathway. Biomed Res Int 2020:3451215 (2020). PubMed: 32258113
- Ding X et al. Asperosaponin VI stimulates osteogenic differentiation of rat adipose-derived stem cells. Regen Ther 11:17-24 (2019). PubMed: 31193169
- Ji J & He L Effect of Kangxianling Decoction on Expression of TGF-ß1/Smads and Extracellular Matrix Deposition. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:5813549 (2019). PubMed: 30713574
- Wang X et al. Exosomes from Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Promotes VEGF-C-Dependent Lymphangiogenesis by Regulating miRNA-132/TGF-ß Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem 49:160-171 (2018). PubMed: 30134228
- He WM et al. Oleanolic acid attenuates TGF-ß1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in NRK-52E cells. BMC Complement Altern Med 18:205 (2018). PubMed: 29973206