Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SMC2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SMC2 antibody
See all SMC2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMC2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Ferret, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to SMC2. The epitope maps to a region between residues 50 and 100 of human Structural Maintenance of Chromosomes 2 using the numbering given in entry NP_006435.1 (GeneID 10592).
- Whole cell lysate from mock transfected or SMC2 transfected HEK293T cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were affinity purified using the peptide immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10399 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 143 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCentral component of the condensin complex, a complex required for conversion of interphase chromatin into mitotic-like condense chromosomes. The condensin complex probably introduces positive supercoils into relaxed DNA in the presence of type I topoisomerases and converts nicked DNA into positive knotted forms in the presence of type II topoisomerases.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SMC family. SMC2 subfamily.
DomainThe hinge domain, which separates the large intramolecular coiled coil regions, allows the heterodimerization with SMC4, forming a V-shaped heterodimer.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Chromosome. In interphase cells, the majority of the condensin complex is found in the cytoplasm, while a minority of the complex is associated with chromatin. A subpopulation of the complex however remains associated with chromosome foci in interphase cells. During mitosis, most of the condensin complex is associated with the chromatin. At the onset of prophase, the regulatory subunits of the complex are phosphorylated by CDC2, leading to condensin's association with chromosome arms and to chromosome condensation. Dissociation from chromosomes is observed in late telophase.
- Information by UniProt
- CAP E antibody
- CAPE antibody
- Chromosome associated protein E antibody
Detection of human SMC2 by Western Blot. Samples: Whole cell lysate (90 microgram) from mock transfected (E) or SMC2 transfected (T) HEK293T cells. Antibody: ab10399 used at 0.1 ug/ml. Detection: Chemiluminescence with a 10 minute exposure.Detection of human SMC2 by Western Blot. Samples: Whole cell lysate (90 microgram) from mock transfected (E) or SMC2 transfected (T) HEK293T cells. Antibody: ab10399 used at 0.1 ug/ml. Detection: Chemiluminescence with a 10 minute exposure
IHC image of ab10399 staining in normal human cerebral cortex formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab10399, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab10399 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Baergen AK et al. Diminished Condensin Gene Expression Drives Chromosome Instability That May Contribute to Colorectal Cancer Pathogenesis. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31357676
- Shirali AS et al. A multi-step transcriptional cascade underlies vascular regeneration in vivo. Sci Rep 8:5430 (2018). PubMed: 29615716
- Wang D et al. Hydrogen gas inhibits lung cancer progression through targeting SMC3. Biomed Pharmacother 104:788-797 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29852353
- Gerasimova T et al. A structural hierarchy mediated by multiple nuclear factors establishes IgH locus conformation. Genes Dev 29:1683-95 (2015). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 26302788
- Pan X et al. YY1 controls Ig? repertoire and B-cell development, and localizes with condensin on the Ig? locus. EMBO J 32:1168-82 (2013). PubMed: 23531880
- Hancock R Structure of metaphase chromosomes: a role for effects of macromolecular crowding. PLoS One 7:e36045 (2012). ICC/IF . PubMed: 22540018
- Fazzio TG & Panning B Condensin complexes regulate mitotic progression and interphase chromatin structure in embryonic stem cells. J Cell Biol 188:491-503 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20176923