Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR7984] to SMC3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-SMC3 antibody [EPR7984]
See all SMC3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7984] to SMC3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Human colon tissue. HeLa, A431, K562 and HepG2 cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 3.84 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab128919 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 141 kDa.Can be blocked with SMC3 peptide (ab209493).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCentral component of cohesin, a complex required for chromosome cohesion during the cell cycle. The cohesin complex may form a large proteinaceous ring within which sister chromatids can be trapped. At anaphase, the complex is cleaved and dissociates from chromatin, allowing sister chromatids to segregate. Cohesion is coupled to DNA replication and is involved in DNA repair. The cohesin complex plays also an important role in spindle pole assembly during mitosis and in chromosomes movement.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SMC3 are the cause of Cornelia de Lange syndrome type 3 (CDLS3) [MIM:610759]. CDLS is a dominantly inherited multisystem developmental disorder characterized by growth and cognitive retardation, abnormalities of the upper limbs, gastroesophageal dysfunction, cardiac, ophthalmologic and genitourinary anomalies, hirsutism, and characteristic facial features. CDSL3 is a mild form with absence of major structural anomalies typically associated with CDLS. The phenotype in some instances approaches that of apparently non-syndromic mental retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SMC family. SMC3 subfamily.
DomainThe flexible hinge domain, which separates the large intramolecular coiled coil regions, allows the heterotypic interaction with the corresponding domain of SMC1A or SMC1B, forming a V-shaped heterodimer. The two heads of the heterodimer are then connected by different ends of the cleavable RAD21 protein, forming a ring structure.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Acetylation at Lys-105 and Lys-106 by ESCO1 is important for genome stability and S phase sister chromatid cohesion. Regulated by DSCC1, it is required for processive DNA synthesis, coupling sister chromatid cohesion establishment during S phase to DNA replication.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Associates with chromatin. Before prophase it is scattered along chromosome arms. During prophase, most of cohesin complexes dissociate from chromatin probably because of phosphorylation by PLK, except at centromeres, where cohesin complexes remain. At anaphase, the RAD21 subunit of the cohesin complex is cleaved, leading to the dissociation of the complex from chromosomes, allowing chromosome separation.
- Information by UniProt
- BAM antibody
- Bamacan antibody
- Basement membrane associated chondroitin proteoglycan antibody
All lanes : Anti-SMC3 antibody [EPR7984] (ab128919) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 3 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 141 kDa
ab128919 at 1/100 dilution staining SMC3 in paraffin-embedded Human colon tissue by immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab128919 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhou C et al. The cohesin release factor Wapl interacts with Bub3 to govern SAC activity in female meiosis I. Sci Adv 6:eaax3969 (2020). PubMed: 32284991
- Wang D et al. Hydrogen gas inhibits lung cancer progression through targeting SMC3. Biomed Pharmacother 104:788-797 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29852353
- Cho Y et al. RBMX is a component of the centromere noncoding RNP complex involved in cohesion regulation. Genes Cells 23:172-184 (2018). PubMed: 29383807
- Ding Y et al. The Post-anaphase SUMO Pathway Ensures the Maintenance of Centromeric Cohesion through Meiosis I-II Transition in Mammalian Oocytes. Curr Biol 28:1661-1669.e4 (2018). PubMed: 29754905
- Cheng JM et al. Merotelic kinetochore attachment in oocyte meiosis II causes sister chromatids segregation errors in aged mice. Cell Cycle 16:1404-1413 (2017). PubMed: 28590163
- Hsu PJ et al. Ythdc2 is an N6-methyladenosine binding protein that regulates mammalian spermatogenesis. Cell Res 27:1115-1127 (2017). PubMed: 28809393
- Yu C et al. CRL4-DCAF1 ubiquitin E3 ligase directs protein phosphatase 2A degradation to control oocyte meiotic maturation. Nat Commun 6:8017 (2015). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 26281983