Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SMC4
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SMC4 antibody
See all SMC4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMC4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide representing aportion of human SMC4 lying within exon 23 (C terminal).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17958 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 150 kDa).|
FunctionCentral component of the condensin complex, a complex required for conversion of interphase chromatin into mitotic-like condense chromosomes. The condensin complex probably introduces positive supercoils into relaxed DNA in the presence of type I topoisomerases and converts nicked DNA into positive knotted forms in the presence of type II topoisomerases.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Higher expression in testis, colon, thymus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SMC family. SMC4 subfamily.
DomainThe hinge domain, which separates the large intramolecular coiled coil regions, allows the heterodimerization with SMC2, forming a V-shaped heterodimer.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Chromosome. In interphase cells, the majority of the condensin complex is found in the cytoplasm, while a minority of the complex is associated with chromatin. A subpopulation of the complex however remains associated with chromosome foci in interphase cells. During mitosis, most of the condensin complex is associated with the chromatin. At the onset of prophase, the regulatory subunits of the complex are phosphorylated by CDC2, leading to condensin's association with chromosome arms and to chromosome condensation. Dissociation from chromosomes is observed in late telophase.
- Information by UniProt
- CAP C antibody
- CAPC antibody
- Chromosome associated polypeptide C antibody
ab17958 at 0.2
µg/ml detecting SMC4 from 90 µg of whole cell lysate from 293T cells (left hand lane) or from normal human lymphoblasts (right hand lane) by western blot. The blot was detected by ECL. ab17958 at 0.2µg/ml detecting SMC4 from 90µg of whole cell lysate from 293T cells (left hand lane) or from normal human lymphoblasts (right hand lane) by western blot. The blot was detected by ECL.
ICC/IF image of ab17958 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab17958, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab17958 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Xing X et al. Nesprin-2 Interacts with Condensin Component SMC2. Int J Cell Biol 2017:8607532 (2017). PubMed: 29445399
- Gerasimova T et al. A structural hierarchy mediated by multiple nuclear factors establishes IgH locus conformation. Genes Dev 29:1683-95 (2015). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 26302788
- Yokoyama Y et al. A novel role for the condensin II complex in cellular senescence. Cell Cycle 14:2160-70 (2015). PubMed: 26017022
- Murakami-Tonami Y et al. Inactivation of SMC2 shows a synergistic lethal response in MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma cells. Cell Cycle 13:1115-31 (2014). PubMed: 24553121
- Pan X et al. YY1 controls Ig? repertoire and B-cell development, and localizes with condensin on the Ig? locus. EMBO J 32:1168-82 (2013). PubMed: 23531880
- Huang K et al. Ribosomal RNA gene transcription mediated by the master genome regulator protein CCCTC-binding factor (CTCF) is negatively regulated by the condensin complex. J Biol Chem 288:26067-77 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23884423
- Dávalos V et al. Human SMC2 Protein, a Core Subunit of Human Condensin Complex, Is a Novel Transcriptional Target of the WNT Signaling Pathway and a New Therapeutic Target. J Biol Chem 287:43472-81 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23095742
- Liu W et al. PHF8 mediates histone H4 lysine 20 demethylation events involved in cell cycle progression. Nature 466:508-12 (2010). WB, ChIP-sequencing ; Human . PubMed: 20622854