Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SMC5
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SMC5 antibody
See all SMC5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMC5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Ferret, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
- Nuclear extract from HeLa cells Whole cell lysate from HeLa and 293T cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibody was purified using an epitope specific to SMC5 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18038 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/25000. Detects a band of approximately 145 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 129 kDa).|
RelevanceStructural Maintenance of Chromosomes (SMC) family proteins play critical roles in various nuclear events that require structural changes of chromosomes, including mitotic chromosome organization, DNA recombination and repair and global transcriptional repression. The chromosome proteins are conserved in eukaryotes lead to mitotic chromosome segregation defects, suggesting a critical function of SMC family proteins in mitotic chromosome dynamics.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome; telomere. Note: Associates with chromatin. Localizes to PML nuclear bodies in ALT cell lines.
- hSMC 5 antibody
- hSMC5 antibody
- KIAA0594 antibody
Ab18038 staining Human SMC5 at a concentration of 0.1
g/ml by Western Blot, and 5 µ g/0.5 mg lysate by Immunoprecipitation. µ
A) Nuclear extract (10 and 20
g) from HeLa cells. µ
B) Whole cell lysate (500
g) from HeLa and 293T cells. µ
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure times of less than 2 minutes.Ab18038 staining Human SMC5 at a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml by Western Blot, and 5 µg/0.5 mg lysate by Immunoprecipitation.
A) Nuclear extract (10 and 20 µg) from HeLa cells.
B) Whole cell lysate (500 µg) from HeLa and 293T cells.
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure times of less than 2 minutes.
ab18038 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sekiba K et al. Inhibition of HBV Transcription From cccDNA With Nitazoxanide by Targeting the HBx-DDB1 Interaction. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:297-312 (2019). PubMed: 30704981
- Gallego-Paez LM et al. Smc5/6-mediated regulation of replication progression contributes to chromosome assembly during mitosis in human cells. Mol Biol Cell 25:302-17 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24258023
- Gómez R et al. Dynamic localization of SMC5/6 complex proteins during mammalian meiosis and mitosis suggests functions in distinct chromosome processes. J Cell Sci 126:4239-52 (2013). PubMed: 23843628
- Li J et al. Identification of a novel proliferation-related protein, WHSC1 4a, in human gliomas. Neuro Oncol 10:45-51 (2008). PubMed: 18182627