Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SMCHD1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SMCHD1 antibody
See all SMCHD1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMCHD1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- WB: U 251 MG cell lysates. IHC: Human duodenum tissue. ICC/IF: Human cell like U-2 OS.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab122555 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.04 - 0.4 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 0.25 - 2 µg/ml.|
- Information by UniProt
- BAMS antibody
- FSHD2 antibody
- KIAA0650 antibody
Immunofluorescent staining of Human cell line U-2 OS shows localization to nucleoplasm. Recommended concentration of ab122555 1-4 µg/ml. Cells treated with PFA/Triton X-100.
ab122555, at 1/50 dilution, staining SMCHD1 in Paraffin Embedded human duodenum shows nucelar positivity in glandular cells by Immunohistochemistry.
All lanes : Anti-SMCHD1 antibody (ab122555) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : RT 4 cell lysate
Lane 2 : U 251 MG
Lane 3 : Human Plasma
Lane 4 : Human liver lysate
Lane 5 : Human tonsil lysate
ab122555 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ruebel ML et al. SMCHD1 terminates the first embryonic genome activation event in mouse two-cell embryos and contributes to a transcriptionally repressive state. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 317:C655-C664 (2019). PubMed: 31365290
- Midic U et al. Novel key roles for structural maintenance of chromosome flexible domain containing 1 (Smchd1) during preimplantation mouse development. Mol Reprod Dev 85:635-648 (2018). PubMed: 29900695
- Shaw ND et al. SMCHD1 mutations associated with a rare muscular dystrophy can also cause isolated arhinia and Bosma arhinia microphthalmia syndrome. Nat Genet 49:238-248 (2017). PubMed: 28067909
- Sunwoo H et al. The Xist RNA-PRC2 complex at 20-nm resolution reveals a low Xist stoichiometry and suggests a hit-and-run mechanism in mouse cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E4216-25 (2015). Mouse . PubMed: 26195790