Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SMCHD1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SMCHD1 antibody
See all SMCHD1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMCHD1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SMCHD1 aa 1750-1850 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31865 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Information by UniProt
- BAMS antibody
- FSHD2 antibody
- KIAA0650 antibody
ab31865 (1/100) staining SMCHD1 by immunofluorescence in assynchronous HeLa cells (green). Secondary antibody: goat polyclonal antibody conjugated to Cy3; Counterstain: DAPI (red). Please refer to Abreview for further information.
ICC/IF image of ab31865 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab31865, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methaol fixed (5 min) HeLa, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa, Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
ab31865 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Dion C et al. SMCHD1 is involved in de novo methylation of the DUX4-encoding D4Z4 macrosatellite. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30698748
- Balog J et al. Monosomy 18p is a risk factor for facioscapulohumeral dystrophy. J Med Genet 55:469-478 (2018). PubMed: 29563141
- de Greef JC et al. Smchd1 haploinsufficiency exacerbates the phenotype of a transgenic FSHD1 mouse model. Hum Mol Genet 27:716-731 (2018). PubMed: 29281018
- Mason AG et al. SMCHD1 regulates a limited set of gene clusters on autosomal chromosomes. Skelet Muscle 7:12 (2017). PubMed: 28593035
- Mason AG et al. SMCHD1 regulates a limited set of gene clusters on autosomal chromosomes. Skelet Muscle 7:12 (2017). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 28587678