Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SMG6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SMG6 antibody
See all SMG6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMG6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SMG6 aa 1400 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
This product was previously labelled as EST1A
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87539 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 160 kDa.|
RelevanceTelomerase-binding protein EST1A is a component of the telomerase ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex that is essential for the replication of chromosome termini. It has been shown to promote the ability of TERT to elongate telomeres and may have some endonuclease function.
- C17orf31 antibody
- EST1-like protein A antibody
- Ever shorter telomeres 1A antibody
All lanes : Anti-SMG6 antibody (ab87539) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 160 kDa
Observed band size: 180 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 120 kDa, 46 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 8 minutes
The predicted Mw for Human Telomerase-binding protein SMG6 is 160 kDa. We are unsure why we are seeing the banding pattern at kDa however Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
ab87539 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Cowen LE et al. Characterization of SMG7 14-3-3-like domain reveals phosphoserine binding-independent regulation of p53 and UPF1. Sci Rep 9:13097 (2019). PubMed: 31511540
- Huang L et al. Antisense suppression of the nonsense mediated decay factor Upf3b as a potential treatment for diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Genome Biol 19:4 (2018). PubMed: 29334995
- Cheruiyot A et al. Compound C inhibits nonsense-mediated RNA decay independently of AMPK. PLoS One 13:e0204978 (2018). PubMed: 30289931
- Wada M et al. Interplay between coronavirus, a cytoplasmic RNA virus, and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E10157-E10166 (2018). PubMed: 30297408
- Muller M & Glaunsinger BA Nuclease escape elements protect messenger RNA against cleavage by multiple viral endonucleases. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006593 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28841715