For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Could you please send me a few more experimental details for our records:
1) What samples and species was used? Human fibroblasts.
2) What is the antibody dilution and incubation time employed for the primary antibody? 1/200, incubation time was 1 hr.
3) Which blocking reagent was used? We use 10% FBS.
4) Is the secondary antibody working well with other primaries? yes, we used this secondary with your previous batch of this ab from you as well as for several other antibodies, which all worked fine.
5) Did you try out both vials? If not, I'd suggest trying the second vial as well as the issue could be just vial-related. We did try both.
6) Were there any changes donein your sample preparation or protocol when using the old lot and the newlot? No, we have used your SMN ab extensively for years.
What kind of replacement were you looking for? We have 1 vial of a different lot in stock currently which I can send you. Alternatively, a different Gemin1 antibody can be sent free of charge. We would like to try both since we paid for two and spent so much time already on this problem. We need to get the expt done. Thank you for your understanding.
Please let me what you would prefer. Thank you so much! Can we get it by tomorrow please.
Asked on Jun 06 2012
Thank you for confirming these details and for your cooperation. The details provided enable us to closely monitor the quality of our products.
I am sorry this product did not perform as stated on the datasheet and for the inconvenience this has caused. As requested, I have issued a free of charge replacement with the order number xxx for 1 vial of ab5831 with another lot.
Please let me know which other Gemin1-antibody you would like to receive. We have one that was tested in ICC and with human samples: ab108531 (https://www.abcam.com/Gemin-1-antibody-EPR4429-ab108531.html). This one is currently backordered for 1-2 weeks. Please let me know if I shall arrange for shipping this antibody or if you prefer a different one.
To check the status of the order please contact our Customer Service team and reference this number.
Please note that this free of charge replacement vial is also covered by our Abpromise guarantee. Should you still be experiencing difficulties, or if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.
I wish you the best of luck with your research.
Answered on Jun 06 2012