Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smoothened
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Smoothened antibody
See all Smoothened primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smoothened
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
- WB: Rat brain lysate. IHC-P: Rat brain tissue. ICC/IF: Rat brain section.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab236465 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000.
The antibody is validated under denaturing, reduced conditions. We do not recommend the use of non-reduced samples.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
|IF||1/50 - 1/200.
FunctionG protein-coupled receptor that probably associates with the patched protein (PTCH) to transduce the hedgehog's proteins signal. Binding of sonic hedgehog (SHH) to its receptor patched is thought to prevent normal inhibition by patched of smoothened (SMO). Required for the accumulation of KIF7 and GLI3 in the cilia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor Fz/Smo family.
Contains 1 FZ (frizzled) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Frizzled family member 11 antibody
- FZD11 antibody
- Gx antibody
All lanes : Anti-Smoothened antibody (ab236465) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat kidney lysate
Lane 2 : Rat brain lysate
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat brain tissue stained for Smoothened using ab236465 at 1/200 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis. DAB staining.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat brain tissue stained for Smoothened using ab236465 at 1/200 dilution in ICC/IF. Secondary antibody was Cy3 conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab236465 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Qin Y et al. Sonic hedgehog signaling pathway in Myelodysplastic Syndrome: Abnormal activation and jervine intervention. Gene 754:144881 (2020). PubMed: 32526259
- Shi W et al. Clobetasol propionate enhances neural stem cell and oligodendrocyte differentiation. Exp Ther Med 18:1258-1266 (2019). PubMed: 31363370
- Kim HS et al. Expression profile of sonic hedgehog signaling-related molecules in basal cell carcinoma. PLoS One 14:e0225511 (2019). PubMed: 31756206
- Fish EW et al. Cannabinoids Exacerbate Alcohol Teratogenesis by a CB1-Hedgehog Interaction. Sci Rep 9:16057 (2019). PubMed: 31690747