Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smt3
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Smt3 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smt3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Recombinant protein (S. cerevisiae).
- Most yeast cell lysates can be used as a positive control without induction or stimulation.
General notesCentrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis product is an IgG fraction antibody purified from monospecific antiserum by a multi-step process which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis. Assay by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against anti-Rabbit serum.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14405 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 12 kDa.
Note: Although not tested, this antibody is likely functional in Immunohistochemistry and Immunoprecipitation.
|ELISA||1/1000 - 1/5000.|
FunctionNot known; suppressor of MIF2 mutations.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ubiquitin family. SUMO subfamily.
Contains 1 ubiquitin-like domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DmSUMO 1 antibody
- Small Ubiquitin-like modifier antibody
- SMT3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Smt3 antibody (ab14405) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 3 : 5 : 7 : 9 : 11 : 13, Lysate prepared from E.coli expressed Yeast SUMO protein and SUMO-GFP fusion protein after incubation with lysed insect cells
Lane 2 : 4 : 6 : 8 : 10 : 12 : 14, Lysate prepared from SUMO-GFP fusion protein after incubation with lysed insect cells in the presence of 2% SDS
Lysates/proteins at 2 µg per lane.
ab14405 detecting Smt3 in Escherichia coli recombinant protein (BL21(DE3) by Direct ELISA. Wells were coated with 10µg each of diluted control protein (without SUMO fusion - Negative Controls) and target protein (with SUMO fusion protein) in bicarbonate buffer. Wells were blocked with 5% milk for 1 hour at room temperature. The samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/5000 in TBST +5% milk) for 45 minutes. An HRP-conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG (1/40000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab14405 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Bauer SL et al. Helicase/SUMO-targeted ubiquitin ligase Uls1 interacts with the Holliday junction resolvase Yen1. PLoS One 14:e0214102 (2019). PubMed: 30897139
- Ranjha L et al. Sumoylation regulates the stability and nuclease activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Dna2. Commun Biol 2:174 (2019). PubMed: 31098407
- Ainscough JS et al. Cathepsin S is the major activator of the psoriasis-associated proinflammatory cytokine IL-36?. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E2748-E2757 (2017). PubMed: 28289191
- Neiswinger J et al. Posttranslational Modification Assays on Functional Protein Microarrays. Cold Spring Harb Protoc 2016:pdb.prot087999 (2016). PubMed: 27698238
- Bermúdez-López M et al. Sgs1's roles in DNA end resection, HJ dissolution, and crossover suppression require a two-step SUMO regulation dependent on Smc5/6. Genes Dev 30:1339-56 (2016). PubMed: 27298337
- Lescasse R et al. End-joining inhibition at telomeres requires the translocase and polySUMO-dependent ubiquitin ligase Uls1. EMBO J 32:805-15 (2013). PubMed: 23417015
- Khan MA et al. Knockout of caspase-like gene, YCA1, abrogates apoptosis and elevates oxidized proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17326-31 (2005). WB ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . PubMed: 16301538