Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SNAP25
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Zebrafish
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SNAP25 antibody
See all SNAP25 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SNAP25
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Zebrafish
Predicted to work with: Human, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Goldfish
- ICC/IF: PC12 cell line. WB: Whole rat brain extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5666 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 3-5µg for 106 cells.|
Functiont-SNARE involved in the molecular regulation of neurotransmitter release. May play an important role in the synaptic function of specific neuronal systems. Associates with proteins involved in vesicle docking and membrane fusion. Regulates plasma membrane recycling through its interaction with CENPF.
Tissue specificityNeurons of the neocortex, hippocampus, piriform cortex, anterior thalamic nuclei, pontine nuclei, and granule cells of the cerebellum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SNAP-25 family.
Contains 2 t-SNARE coiled-coil homology domains.
modificationsPalmitoylated. Cys-85 appears to be the main site, and palmitoylation is required for membrane association.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region. Cell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome. Membrane association requires palmitoylation. Expressed throughout cytoplasm, concentrating at the perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- bA416N4.2 antibody
- Bdr antibody
- CMS18 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SNAP25 antibody (ab5666)
Lane 1 : Mouse cerebellum
Lane 2 : Mouse brain
Lane 3 : Rat brain
Lane 4 : Membrane enriched extract
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) Secondary Antibody, HRP conjugate
Flow cytometry analysis of Neuro-2a cells using ab5666.Cells were fixed with 70% ethanol for 10 minutes,permeabilized with 0.25% Triton™ X-100 for 20 minutes, and blocked with 5% BSA for 30 minutes at room temperature.Cells were labeled with SNAP25 (red histogram) or with rabbit isotype control (pink histogram) at 3-5 ug/million cells in 2.5% BSA.After incubation at room temperature for 2 hours,the cells were labeled with Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat Anti-Rabbit Secondary Antibody at a dilution of 1:400 for 30 minutes at room temperature.The purple histogram represents unstained control cells and the green histogram represents no-primary-antibody control.
Anti-SNAP25 antibody (ab5666) at 1/10000 dilution + Whole tissue lysate prepared from mouse hippocampus.
HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit Ig. at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 25 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 seconds
ab5666 has been referenced in 33 publications.
- Lauretti E et al. Extra virgin olive oil improves synaptic activity, short-term plasticity, memory, and neuropathology in a tauopathy model. Aging Cell 19:e13076 (2020). PubMed: 31762202
- Stévenin V et al. Dynamic Growth and Shrinkage of the Salmonella-Containing Vacuole Determines the Intracellular Pathogen Niche. Cell Rep 29:3958-3973.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31851926
- Sifuentes-Dominguez LF et al. SCGN deficiency results in colitis susceptibility. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31663849
- Zhou R et al. Baicalin regulates the dopamine system to control the core symptoms of ADHD. Mol Brain 12:11 (2019). PubMed: 30736828
- Lin L et al. Synaptic structure and alterations in the hippocampus in neonatal rats exposed to lipopolysaccharide. Neurosci Lett 709:134364 (2019). PubMed: 31288048