Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SNAT2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SNAT2 antibody
See all SNAT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SNAT2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig
- WB: HepG2 and THP-1 cell lysates.
This product was previously labelled as SLC38A2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90677 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionFunctions as a sodium-dependent amino acid transporter. Mediates the saturable, pH-sensitive and electrogenic cotransport of neutral amino acids and sodium ions with a stoichiometry of 1:1. May function in the transport of amino acids at the blood-brain barrier and in the supply of maternal nutrients to the fetus through the placenta.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Widely expressed in the central nervous system with higher concentrations in caudal regions. Expressed by glutamatergic and GABAergic neurons together with astrocytes and other non-neuronal cells in the cerebral cortex (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the amino acid/polyamine transporter 2 family.
modificationsPolyubiquitination by NEDD4L regulates the degradation and the activity of SLC38A2.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Insulin promotes recruitment to the plasma membrane from a pool localized in the trans-Golgi network or endosomes (By similarity). Enriched in the somatodendritic compartment of neurons, it is also detected at the axonal shaft but excluded from the nerve terminal.
- Information by UniProt
- Amino acid transporter 2 antibody
- Amino acid transporter A2 antibody
- ATA2 antibody
Anti-SNAT2 antibody (ab90677) at 1 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Western blot analysis of HepG2 cell lysate labeling SNAT2 with ab90677.
Anti-SNAT2 antibody (ab90677) at 10 µg/ml + THP-1 cell lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Western blot analysis of THP-1 cell lysate labeling SNAT2 with ab90677.
ab90677 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li X et al. Lysine Enhances the Stimulation of Fatty Acids on Milk Fat Synthesis via the GPRC6A-PI3K-FABP5 Signaling in Bovine Mammary Epithelial Cells. J Agric Food Chem 67:7005-7015 (2019). PubMed: 31174423
- Kitada K et al. High salt intake reprioritizes osmolyte and energy metabolism for body fluid conservation. J Clin Invest 127:1944-1959 (2017). PubMed: 28414295
- Gurley JM et al. Enhanced GLUT4-Dependent Glucose Transport Relieves Nutrient Stress in Obese Mice Through Changes in Lipid and Amino Acid Metabolism. Diabetes 65:3585-3597 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27679559
- Oh RS et al. Functional RNA interference (RNAi) screen identifies system A neutral amino acid transporter 2 (SNAT2) as a mediator of arsenic-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress. J Biol Chem 287:6025-34 (2012). WB ; Human, Mouse . PubMed: 22215663