Product nameAnti-SND1 antibody
See all SND1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SND1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human Whole Cell Lysates: Ramos, HeLa - Hydroxyurea Treated (48hr, 2µM), HeLa - Staurosporine Treated (24hr, 500nM), TE 671, HeLa, JEG-3 and Jurkat.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65078 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 102 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionFunctions as a bridging factor between STAT6 and the basal transcription factor. Plays a role in PIM1 regulation of MYB activity. Functions as a transcriptional coactivator for the Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 2 (EBNA2).
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 TNase-like domains.
Contains 1 Tudor domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PIM1 in vitro.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Melanosome. In IL-4 stimulated cells colocalizes with STAT6 in the nucleus. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- 100 kDa coactivator antibody
- EBNA 2 co activator (100kD) antibody
- EBNA2 coactivator p100 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SND1 antibody (ab65078) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Ramos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa Whole Cell Lysate - Hydroxyurea Treated (48hr, 2µM)
Lane 3 : HeLa Whole Cell Lysate - Staurosporine Treated (24hr, 500nM)
Lane 4 : TE 671 (Human Rhabdomyosarcoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : JEG-3 (Human placental choriocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 7 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 102 kDa
Observed band size: 102 kDa
SND1 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Ramos whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to SND1 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Ramos whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab65078.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 102kDa: SND1.
ICC/IF image of ab65078 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab65078, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa, HepG2, and MCF-7 cells at 1µg/ml, and in 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, Hek293, HepG2, and MCF-7 cells at 1µg/ml.
IHC image of ab65078 staining SND1 in Human normal breast formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab65078, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab65078 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yu L et al. The novel chromatin architectural regulator SND1 promotes glioma proliferation and invasion and predicts the prognosis of patients. Neuro Oncol 21:742-754 (2019). PubMed: 30753603
- Gu X et al. SND1 expression in breast cancer tumors is associated with poor prognosis. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1433:53-60 (2018). PubMed: 30216461
- Shao J et al. Aggregation of SND1 in Stress Granules is Associated with the Microtubule Cytoskeleton During Heat Shock Stimulus. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 300:2192-2199 (2017). WB, IF . PubMed: 28758359
- Su C et al. Phosphorylation of Tudor-SN, a novel substrate of JNK, is involved in the efficient recruitment of Tudor-SN into stress granules. Biochim Biophys Acta 1864:562-571 (2017). PubMed: 28011284
- Carlson HL et al. LncRNA-HIT Functions as an Epigenetic Regulator of Chondrogenesis through Its Recruitment of p100/CBP Complexes. PLoS Genet 11:e1005680 (2015). IP . PubMed: 26633036
- Heinrich EM et al. Regulation of miR-17-92a cluster processing by the microRNA binding protein SND1. FEBS Lett 587:2405-11 (2013). PubMed: 23770094