Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SNF2H
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SNF2H antibody
See all SNF2H primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SNF2H
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 50 and 100 of human SNF2H (NP_003592.2)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab72499 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to SNF2H immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72499 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 122 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 122 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionHelicase that possesses intrinsic ATP-dependent nucleosome-remodeling activity. Complexes containing SMARCA5 are capable of forming ordered nucleosome arrays on chromatin; this may require intact histone H4 tails. Also required for replication of pericentric heterochromatin in S-phase specifically in conjunction with BAZ1A. Probably plays a role in repression of polI dependent transcription of the rDNA locus, through the recruitment of the SIN3/HDAC1 corepressor complex to the rDNA promoter. Essential component of the WICH complex, a chromatin remodeling complex that mobilizes nucleosomes and reconfigures irregular chromatin to a regular nucleosomal array structure. The WICH complex regulates the transcription of various genes, has a role in RNA polymerase I and RNA polymerase III transcription, mediates the histone H2AX phosphorylation at 'Tyr-142', and is involved in the maintenance of chromatin structures during DNA replication processes. Essential component of the NoRC (nucleolar remodeling complex) complex, a complex that mediates silencing of a fraction of rDNA by recruiting histone-modifying enzymes and DNA methyltransferases, leading to heterochromatin formation and transcriptional silencing.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SNF2/RAD54 helicase family. ISWI subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
Contains 2 SANT domains.
Developmental stageOverexpressed in CD34-positive erythrocyte progenitor cells in acute myeloid leukemia. Down-regulation correlates with hematologic remission following chemotherapy.
- Information by UniProt
- 4933427E24Rik antibody
- D030040M08Rik antibody
- D330027N15Rik antibody
ICC/IF image of ab72499 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab72499, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-SNF2H antibody (ab72499) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Predicted band size: 122 kDa
Observed band size: 122 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Detection of SNF2H by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
ab72499 at 1µg/ml staining SNF2H in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab72499 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 10 seconds.
IHC image of ab72499 staining in human breast cancer formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab72499, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab72499 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Lee BH & Stallcup MR Glucocorticoid receptor binding to chromatin is selectively controlled by the coregulator Hic-5 and chromatin remodeling enzymes. J Biol Chem 292:9320-9334 (2017). PubMed: 28381557
- Wiechens N et al. The Chromatin Remodelling Enzymes SNF2H and SNF2L Position Nucleosomes adjacent to CTCF and Other Transcription Factors. PLoS Genet 12:e1005940 (2016). PubMed: 27019336
- Ye Z et al. Genome-wide analysis reveals positional-nucleosome-oriented binding pattern of pioneer factor FOXA1. Nucleic Acids Res 44:7540-54 (2016). CHIPseq ; Human . PubMed: 27458208
- Koludrovic D et al. Chromatin-Remodelling Complex NURF Is Essential for Differentiation of Adult Melanocyte Stem Cells. PLoS Genet 11:e1005555 (2015). PubMed: 26440048
- Morris SA et al. Overlapping chromatin-remodeling systems collaborate genome wide at dynamic chromatin transitions. Nat Struct Mol Biol 21:73-81 (2014). PubMed: 24317492
- Alvarez-Saavedra M et al. Snf2h-mediated chromatin organization and histone H1 dynamics govern cerebellar morphogenesis and neural maturation. Nat Commun 5:4181 (2014). WB, IHC-FrFl ; Mouse . PubMed: 24946904
- Klement K et al. Opposing ISWI- and CHD-class chromatin remodeling activities orchestrate heterochromatic DNA repair. J Cell Biol 207:717-33 (2014). PubMed: 25533843
- Lesbats P et al. Functional Coupling between HIV-1 Integrase and the SWI/SNF Chromatin Remodeling Complex for Efficient in vitro Integration into Stable Nucleosomes. PLoS Pathog 7:e1001280 (2011). WB, IP ; Human . PubMed: 21347347