Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SNF2L
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37003 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 140 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 123 kDa).
Abcam recommends using 3% milk as the blocking agent.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
RelevanceThe protein encoded by this gene is a member of the SWI/SNF family of proteins. Members of this family have helicase and ATPase activities and are thought to regulate transcription of certain genes by altering the chromatin structure around those genes. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- ATP dependent helicase SMARCA1 antibody
- global transcription activator homologous sequence antibody
- ISWI antibody
All lanes : Anti-SNF2L antibody (ab37003) at 1 µg/ml (blocked with 3% milk)
Lane 1 : Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 3 : SHSY5Y Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 123 kDa
Observed band size: 140 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 16 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab37003 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in PBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab37003, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
SNF2L was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Jurkat whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to SNF2L and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Jurkat whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab37003.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 105kDa: SNF2L.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab37003 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Conrad RJ et al. The Short Isoform of BRD4 Promotes HIV-1 Latency by Engaging Repressive SWI/SNF Chromatin-Remodeling Complexes. Mol Cell 67:1001-1012.e6 (2017). PubMed: 28844864
- Ye Z et al. Genome-wide analysis reveals positional-nucleosome-oriented binding pattern of pioneer factor FOXA1. Nucleic Acids Res 44:7540-54 (2016). CHIPseq ; Human . PubMed: 27458208
- Alvarez-Saavedra M et al. Snf2h-mediated chromatin organization and histone H1 dynamics govern cerebellar morphogenesis and neural maturation. Nat Commun 5:4181 (2014). IHC-FrFl . PubMed: 24946904
- Ye Y et al. Singular v dual inhibition of SNF2L and its isoform, SNF2LT, have similar effects on DNA damage but opposite effects on the DNA damage response, cancer cell growth arrest and apoptosis. Oncotarget 3:475-89 (2012). PubMed: 22577152
- Golding MC et al. Multiple epigenetic modifiers induce aggressive viral extinction in extraembryonic endoderm stem cells. Cell Stem Cell 6:457-67 (2010). ChIP . PubMed: 20452320
- Ye Y et al. Inhibition of expression of the chromatin remodeling gene, SNF2L, selectively leads to DNA damage, growth inhibition, and cancer cell death. Mol Cancer Res 7:1984-99 (2009). PubMed: 19996304