Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SNRP70/U1-70K
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SNRP70/U1-70K antibody
See all SNRP70/U1-70K primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SNRP70/U1-70K
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog
- HepG2 cell lysate
This product was previously labelled as SNRP70
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51266 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
RelevanceSNRP70 is an RNA-binding protein that is a specific component of the U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein complex and constitutes the major anti-(U1) RNP autoimmune antigen. SNRP70 contains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain and mediates the splicing of pre-mRNA by binding to the loop I region of U1-snRNA.
- RNPU1Z antibody
- Rnulp70 antibody
- RPU1 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human pineal tissue labelling SNRP70/U1-70K with ab51266 at 1/100. A Cy3 conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG (1/200) was used as teh secondary antibody. Positive staining shown in the nuclei of pinealocytes. Magnification: 20X. Exposure time: 0.5 - 2.0 seconds. Left - DAPI. Middle - SNRP70/U1-70K. Right - Merge.
Anti-SNRP70/U1-70K antibody (ab51266) at 0.25 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 48,62 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab51266 (2µg/ml) staining SNRP70/U1-70K in human liver using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong nuclear stain.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab51266 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab51266, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab51266 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Kim DS et al. Activation of PARP-1 by snoRNAs Controls Ribosome Biogenesis and Cell Growth via the RNA Helicase DDX21. Mol Cell 75:1270-1285.e14 (2019). PubMed: 31351877
- Murthy T et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (CDK1) and CDK2 have opposing roles in regulating interactions of splicing factor 3B1 with chromatin. J Biol Chem 293:10220-10234 (2018). PubMed: 29764937
- Zhang Z et al. Kockdown of OIP5-AS1 expression inhibits proliferation, metastasis and EMT progress in hepatoblastoma cells through up-regulating miR-186a-5p and down-regulating ZEB1. Biomed Pharmacother 101:14-23 (2018). PubMed: 29475118
- Thompson MG et al. Co-regulatory activity of hnRNP K and NS1-BP in influenza and human mRNA splicing. Nat Commun 9:2407 (2018). PubMed: 29921878
- Luo X et al. Dynamic reorganization of the AC16 cardiomyocyte transcriptome in response to TNFa signaling revealed by integrated genomic analyses. BMC Genomics 15:155 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24564208
- Franklin S et al. Quantitative analysis of the chromatin proteome in disease reveals remodeling principles and identifies high mobility group protein B2 as a regulator of hypertrophic growth. Mol Cell Proteomics 11:M111.014258 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22270000
- Serini S et al. DHA induces apoptosis and differentiation in human melanoma cells in vitro: involvement of HuR-mediated COX-2 mRNA stabilization and ß-catenin nuclear translocation. Carcinogenesis : (2011). PubMed: 22045024
- Takemura R et al. Multiple factors in the early splicing complex are involved in the nuclear retention of pre-mRNAs in mammalian cells. Genes Cells 16:1035-49 (2011). PubMed: 21929696
- Franklin S et al. Specialized compartments of cardiac nuclei exhibit distinct proteomic anatomy. Mol Cell Proteomics : (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20807835