Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SOCS1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SOCS1 antibody
See all SOCS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SOCS1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic 15 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human SOCS1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62584 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
FunctionSOCS family proteins form part of a classical negative feedback system that regulates cytokine signal transduction. SOCS1 is involved in negative regulation of cytokines that signal through the JAK/STAT3 pathway. Through binding to JAKs, inhibits their kinase activity. In vitro, also suppresses Tec protein-tyrosine activity. Appears to be a major regulator of signaling by interleukin 6 (IL6) and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF). Regulates interferon-gamma mediated sensory neuron survival (By similarity). Probable substrate recognition component of an ECS (Elongin BC-CUL2/5-SOCS-box protein) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex which mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. Seems to recognize JAK2.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues with high expression in spleen, small intestine and peripheral blood leukocytes.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SOCS box domain.
DomainThe ESS and SH2 domains are required for JAK phosphotyrosine binding. Further interaction with the KIR domain is necessary for signal and kinase inhibition.
The SOCS box domain mediates the interaction with the Elongin BC complex, an adapter module in different E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes. The Elongin BC complex binding domain is also known as BC-box with the consensus [APST]-L-x(3)-C-x(3)-[AILV] and is part of the SOCS box.
- Information by UniProt
- CISH 1 antibody
- CISH1 antibody
- Cytokine inducible SH2 protein 1 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-SOCS1 antibody (ab62584) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-SOCS1 antibody (ab62584) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-SOCS1 antibody (ab62584) at 4 µg/ml
All lanes : Human spleen
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab62584 (4µg/ml) staining SOCS1 in human lung using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is staining of the cytoplasmic and nuclei of macrophages and some pneumocytes. There was also cytoplasmic and nuclei staining of epithelium cells of the bronchioles.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab62584 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Lv LL et al. Exosomal miRNA-19b-3p of tubular epithelial cells promotes M1 macrophage activation in kidney injury. Cell Death Differ 27:210-226 (2020). PubMed: 31097789
- Pu J et al. Long noncoding RNA SNHG14 facilitates hepatocellular carcinoma progression through regulating miR-4673/SOCS1. Am J Transl Res 11:5897-5904 (2019). PubMed: 31632558
- Liang YB et al. Downregulated SOCS1 expression activates the JAK1/STAT1 pathway and promotes polarization of macrophages into M1 type. Mol Med Rep 16:6405-6411 (2017). PubMed: 28901399
- Shao YY et al. The Anti-Allergic Rhinitis Effect of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Shenqi by Regulating Mast Cell Degranulation and Th1/Th2 Cytokine Balance. Molecules 22:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28327534
- Obajemu AA et al. IFN-?4 Attenuates Antiviral Responses by Enhancing Negative Regulation of IFN Signaling. J Immunol N/A:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29070670