Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SOCS6
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SOCS6 antibody
See all SOCS6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SOCS6
The antibody detects endogenous levels of total SOCS6 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Fusion protein corresponding to Human SOCS6 (internal sequence).
Database link: O14544
- IHC: Human liver cancer tissue; WB: Human placenta tissue lysate.
The protein encoded by this gene contains a SH2 domain and a CIS homolog domain. The protein thus belongs to the cytokine-induced STAT inhibitor (CIS), also known as suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) or STAT-induced STAT inhibitor (SSI), protein family. CIS family members are known to be cytokine-inducible negative regulators of cytokine signaling. The expression of this gene can be induced by GM-CSF and EPO in hematopoietic cells. A high expression level of this gene was found in factor-independent chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and erythroleukemia (HEL) cell lines.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab197335 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/200.|
|WB||1/200 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
FunctionSOCS family proteins form part of a classical negative feedback system that regulates cytokine signal transduction. May be a substrate recognition component of a SCF-like ECS (Elongin BC-CUL2/5-SOCS-box protein) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex which mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SOCS box domain.
DomainThe SOCS box domain mediates the interaction with the Elongin BC complex, an adapter module in different E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes.
- Information by UniProt
- CIS-4 antibody
- CIS4 antibody
- Cish4 antibody
ab197335 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Xia Y et al. miR-1260b, mediated by YY1, activates KIT signaling by targeting SOCS6 to regulate cell proliferation and apoptosis in NSCLC. Cell Death Dis 10:112 (2019). PubMed: 30737371
- Liu Z et al. Long noncoding RNA neuroblastoma-associated transcript 1 gene inhibits malignant cellular phenotypes of bladder cancer through miR-21/SOCS6 axis. Cell Death Dis 9:1042 (2018). PubMed: 30310053
- Su M et al. miR-885-5p upregulation promotes colorectal cancer cell proliferation and migration by targeting suppressor of cytokine signaling. Oncol Lett 16:65-72 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29928388