Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SOD2/MnSOD
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, ELISA, IHC-P, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Drosophila melanogaster, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SOD2/MnSOD antibody
See all SOD2/MnSOD primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SOD2/MnSOD
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, ELISA, IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Drosophila melanogaster, Monkey
Full length protein corresponding to Rat SOD2/MnSOD.
- ICC/IF: HeLa cells. IHC-P: Mouse back skin tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was immunoaffinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13534 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26.6 kDa).|
|IP||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionDestroys superoxide anion radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in SOD2 is associated with susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 6 (MVCD6) [MIM:612634]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the iron/manganese superoxide dismutase family.
modificationsNitrated under oxidative stress. Nitration coupled with oxidation inhibits the catalytic activity.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Indophenoloxidase B antibody
- IPO B antibody
- IPOB antibody
Primary antibody was incubated for 16 hours at 4°C, at a 1/2000 dilution.Secondary antibody was a goat anti-rabbit conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 680, used at a 1/5000 dilution.
ab13534 at 1/100 dilution staining Superoxide Dismutase 2 in mouse back skin tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Bouin's fixative fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section). Antigen retrieval was done by microwave in citrate buffer. A Fluorophore-conjugated goat anti-rabbit secondary was used at 1/50 dilution.
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells labelling SOD2/MnSOD with ab13534. Cells were fixed with 2% formaldehyde for 20 minutes at room temperature and incubated with the primary antibody at a dilution of 1/120 for 12 hours at 4°C. Followed by incubation with a R-PE-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG at a dilution of 1/200 for 2 hours at room temperature. Counterstained with DAPI (blue) at 1/40000 for 2 hours at room temperature. Magnification: 100x.
Left: DAPI (blue) nuclear stain. Middle: SOD2/MnSOD. Right: Merge.
ab13534 staining SOD2 in Human colon and Horse Ileo tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/2000) for 18 hours.
ab13534 staining differentiating (rat) PC12 cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.2% Triton X100 prior to blocking in 10% serum at RT for 1 hour. The primary antibody was incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 2 µg/ml. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody diluted 1/1000 was used as the secondary. Cells were counterstained with the nuclear TOPRO-3 stain.
Lane 1: ab13534 + Mouse brain lysate (250µg)
Lane 2: ab13534 + Mouse brain lysate (250µg, ½ dilution)
Lane 3: Mouse brain lysate (15µg)
Lane 4: Rat brain lysate (15µg)
Ab13534 at 1:1000 immunoprecipitating SOD2 in mouse brain and rat brain lysate. For western blotting, donkey anti- rabbit IgG (HRP) was used as the secondary antibody.
All lanes : Anti-SOD2/MnSOD antibody (ab13534) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : 40ug Fly Larvae
Lane 2 : 40ug Fly Pre-Pupae
Lane 3 : 40ug Fly Pupae
Lane 4 : 40ug Fly Adult
All lanes : HRP conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 26.6 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 14 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 45 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 70 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 10 seconds
ab13534 has been referenced in 62 publications.
- Hu W et al. Green Tea Polyphenols Modulated Cerebral SOD Expression and Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Cardiac Arrest/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Rats. Biomed Res Int 2020:5080832 (2020). PubMed: 32185207
- Liu B et al. Recombinant human growth hormone treatment of mice suppresses inflammation and apoptosis caused by skin flap ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Cell Biochem 120:18162-18171 (2019). PubMed: 31144385
- Savikj M et al. Altered oxidative stress and antioxidant defence in skeletal muscle during the first year following spinal cord injury. Physiol Rep 7:e14218 (2019). PubMed: 31456346
- Liu J et al. Downregulation of LncRNA-XIST inhibited development of non-small cell lung cancer by activating miR-335/SOD2/ROS signal pathway mediated pyroptotic cell death. Aging (Albany NY) 11:7830-7846 (2019). PubMed: 31553952
- Liu L et al. The antagonistic effect of tamoxifen against d-galactosamine/lipopolysaccharide-induced acute liver failure is associated with reactivation of hepatic nuclear factor-?B. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol N/A:1-7 (2019). PubMed: 30721100