Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1845Y] to Sodium Potassium ATPase - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (Biotin)
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
Product nameAnti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (Biotin)
See all Sodium Potassium ATPase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1845Y] to Sodium Potassium ATPase - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (Biotin)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Tilapia
Synthetic peptide within Human Sodium Potassium ATPase aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- IHC-P: normal human cerebral cortex tissue sections
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - BSA and Azide free (ab167390)
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (HRP) (ab185065)
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Marker (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab197713)
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Marker (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab198367)
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (PE) (ab209299)
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (Alexa Fluor® 405) (ab210143)
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (ab76020)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab198366 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThis is the catalytic component of the active enzyme, which catalyzes the hydrolysis of ATP coupled with the exchange of sodium and potassium ions across the plasma membrane. This action creates the electrochemical gradient of sodium and potassium ions, providing the energy for active transport of various nutrients.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cation transport ATPase (P-type) (TC 3.A.3) family. Type IIC subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Tyr-10 modulates pumping activity.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- ATPase Na+/K+ transporting alpha antibody
- adenosinetriphosphatase antibody
- AT1A1_HUMAN antibody
IHC image of Sodium Potassium ATPase staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human cerebral cortex, performed on a Leica BOND™. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins, before blocking of endogenous biotin using ab64212. The section was then incubated with ab198366, 1/100 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab198366 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.