Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Sohlh1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Sohlh1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Sohlh1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Mouse Tissue lysates: Fetus (14 Day Old), Ovary (data not shown)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41520 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
FunctionProbable transcription factor required during spermatogenesis and oogenesis.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Genetic variations in SOHLH1 may be associated with non-obstructive azoospermia.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- GM110 antibody
- Helix Loop Helix Protein TOHLH1 antibody
- Sohlh1 antibody
Anti-Sohlh1 antibody (ab41520) at 2 µg/ml + Mouse Fetus (14 Day Old) Tissue Lysate at 20 µg
Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
Additional bands at: 130 kDa, 73 kDa, 85 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab41520 staining Sohlh1 in in vitro cultures of murine spermatogonia by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized using 0.1% Triton X-100, blocked with a blocking agent for 1 hour at 25°C and then incubated with ab41520 at a 1/50 dilution for 20 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor 488 conjugated chicken anti-rabbit polyclonal, used at a 1/500 dilution.
ab41520 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Liu G et al. Primordial follicle activation is affected by the absence of Sohlh1 in mice. Mol Reprod Dev 86:20-31 (2019). PubMed: 30358927
- Esakky P et al. Testicular cells exhibit similar molecular responses to cigarette smoke condensate ex vivo and in vivo. FASEB J 32:63-72 (2018). PubMed: 28842431
- Desimio MG et al. SOHLH1 and SOHLH2 directly down-regulate STIMULATED BY RETINOIC ACID 8 (STRA8) expression. Cell Cycle 14:1036-45 (2015). PubMed: 25603532