Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Somatostatin
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Somatostatin antibody
See all Somatostatin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Somatostatin
SpecificityCross-reactivity with other molecules: Gastrin 1.5%, C-peptide 0.007%, less than 0.001% for Human Beta-endorphin, Angiotensins I and II, rat and human growth hormones, Glucagon, Thyrotropin releasing factor, Substance P, Arginine and Lysine Vasopressin, Eledoisin, Bradykinin, Adreno-corticotropin and Insulin.
Species reactivityThis antiserum recognises Somatostatin in all species.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with addition of 50 µl of sterile water.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks) (add antibacterial agent). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
FunctionSomatostatin inhibits the release of somatotropin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the somatostatin family.
- Information by UniProt
- Growth hormone release inhibiting factor antibody
- Growth hormone release-inhibiting factor antibody
- Prepro somatostatin antibody
ab64053 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Espinosa N et al. Basal forebrain somatostatin cells differentially regulate local gamma oscillations and functionally segregate motor and cognitive circuits. Sci Rep 9:2570 (2019). PubMed: 30796293
- De Jesus DF et al. m6A mRNA Methylation Regulates Human ß-Cell Biology in Physiological States and in Type 2 Diabetes. Nat Metab 1:765-774 (2019). PubMed: 31867565
- Kim DS et al. GRP94 Is an Essential Regulator of Pancreatic ß-Cell Development, Mass, and Function in Male Mice. Endocrinology 159:1062-1073 (2018). PubMed: 29272356
- William CM et al. Activity-Dependent Dysfunction in Visual and Olfactory Sensory Systems in Mouse Models of Down Syndrome. J Neurosci 37:9880-9888 (2017). PubMed: 28899917
- Tyan L et al. Dendritic inhibition provided by interneuron-specific cells controls the firing rate and timing of the hippocampal feedback inhibitory circuitry. J Neurosci 34:4534-47 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24671999
- Meechan DW et al. Cxcr4 regulation of interneuron migration is disrupted in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:18601-6 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23091025
- Stevens HE et al. Fgfr2 is required for the development of the medial prefrontal cortex and its connections with limbic circuits. J Neurosci 30:5590-602 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20410112