Product nameAnti-Somatostatin antibody [M09204]
See all Somatostatin primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [M09204] to Somatostatin
SpecificityThis antibody recognizes somatostatin. It partially cross reacts with somatostatin fragments, but does not cross react with enkephalins, other endorphins, Substance P or CGRP. The clone number has been updated from (8.F.258) to (M09204) both clone numbers name the same antibody clone.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Full length protein corresponding to Human Somatostatin. Somatostatin conjugated to Thyroglobulin
Database link: P61278
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituent: 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesCell culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30788 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||1/25 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||1/25 - 1/100. Antigen retrieval is recommended. Suitable for IHC(PFA fixed) PMID 21343251.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 23639079|
FunctionSomatostatin inhibits the release of somatotropin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the somatostatin family.
- Information by UniProt
- Growth hormone release inhibiting factor antibody
- Growth hormone release-inhibiting factor antibody
- Prepro somatostatin antibody
ab30788 staining Somatostatin in mouse embryonic heart tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Tween-20 and blocked with 5% serum for 60 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 14 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/100) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab30788 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Wang H et al. A Transgenic Mouse Model of Pacak?Zhuang Syndrome with An Epas1 Gain-of-Function Mutation. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31091718
- Russell TL et al. Medullary Respiratory Circuit Is Reorganized by a Seasonally-Induced Program in Preparation for Hibernation. Front Neurosci 13:376 (2019). PubMed: 31080399
- Atanes P et al. C3aR and C5aR1 act as key regulators of human and mouse ß-cell function. Cell Mol Life Sci 75:715-726 (2018). PubMed: 28921001
- Li N et al. Ablation of somatostatin cells leads to impaired pancreatic islet function and neonatal death in rodents. Cell Death Dis 9:682 (2018). PubMed: 29880854
- Cunha JP et al. Human multipotent adult progenitor cells enhance islet function and revascularisation when co-transplanted as a composite pellet in a mouse model of diabetes. Diabetologia 60:134-142 (2017). PubMed: 27704164