Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [UMB7] to Somatostatin Receptor 1/SSTR1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Somatostatin Receptor 1/SSTR1 antibody [UMB7]
See all Somatostatin Receptor 1/SSTR1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [UMB7] to Somatostatin Receptor 1/SSTR1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Somatostatin Receptor 1/SSTR1 aa 350-450. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human fetal lung and Human small intestine lysates; 2936E cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product was previously labelled as Somatostatin Receptor 1
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.31% Sodium citrate, 0.175% Sodium chloride, 0.0172% EDTA, 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137083 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionReceptor for somatostatin with higher affinity for somatostatin-14 than -28. This receptor is coupled via pertussis toxin sensitive G proteins to inhibition of adenylyl cyclase. In addition it stimulates phosphotyrosine phosphatase and Na(+)/H(+) exchanger via pertussis toxin insensitive G proteins.
Tissue specificityFetal kidney, fetal liver, and adult pancreas, brain, lung, jejunum and stomach.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- G-protein coupled receptor antibody
- Somatostatin R1 antibody
- Somatostatin receptor 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Somatostatin Receptor 1/SSTR1 antibody [UMB7] (ab137083) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal lung lysates
Lane 2 : Human small intestine lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of 2936E cells labelling Somatostatin Receptor 1/SSTR1 with ab137083 at 1/250 dilution.
ab137083 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zou Y et al. Expression and selective activation of somatostatin receptor subtypes induces cell cycle arrest in cancer cells. Oncol Lett 17:1723-1731 (2019). PubMed: 30675231
- Venegas-Moreno E et al. Association between dopamine and somatostatin receptor expression and pharmacological response to somatostatin analogues in acromegaly. J Cell Mol Med 22:1640-1649 (2018). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 29266696
- Kaemmerer D et al. Somatostatin and CXCR4 chemokine receptor expression in hepatocellular and cholangiocellular carcinomas: tumor capillaries as promising targets. BMC Cancer 17:896 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29282035
- Kaemmerer D et al. Evaluation of somatostatin, CXCR4 chemokine and endothelin A receptor expression in a large set of paragangliomas. Oncotarget 8:89958-89969 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29163802
- Qian ZR et al. Association Between Somatostatin Receptor Expression and Clinical Outcomes in Neuroendocrine Tumors. Pancreas 45:1386-1393 (2016). PubMed: 27622342
- Norden AD et al. Phase II study of monthly pasireotide LAR (SOM230C) for recurrent or progressive meningioma. Neurology 84:280-6 (2015). PubMed: 25527270
- Lupp A et al. Reevaluation of sst1 somatostatin receptor expression in human normal and neoplastic tissues using the novel rabbit monoclonal antibody UMB-7. Regul Pept 183C:1-6 (2013). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23466804