Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Somatostatin Receptor 3/SSTR3
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Somatostatin Receptor 3/SSTR3 antibody
See all Somatostatin Receptor 3/SSTR3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Somatostatin Receptor 3/SSTR3
Ab28680 detects Somatostatin Receptor 3/SSTR3.
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-PHuman
- Human pancreatic islands. HeLa lysates.
This product was previously labelled as Somatostatin Receptor 3
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28680 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
FunctionReceptor for somatostatins-14 and -28. This receptor is coupled via pertussis toxin sensitive G proteins to inhibition of adenylyl cyclase.
Tissue specificityBrain, pituitary and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation increases upon somatostatin binding.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Internalized into endoplasmic vesicles upon somatostatin-stimulation.
- Information by UniProt
- OTTHUMP00000028737 antibody
- Smstr 3 antibody
- Smstr3 antibody
ab28680 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Kiviniemi A et al. Somatostatin receptor subtype 2 in high-grade gliomas: PET/CT with (68)Ga-DOTA-peptides, correlation to prognostic markers, and implications for targeted radiotherapy. EJNMMI Res 5:25 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 25977882
- Righi L et al. Somatostatin receptor tissue distribution in lung neuroendocrine tumours: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 218 'clinically aggressive' cases. Ann Oncol : (2009). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 19759190
- Volante M et al. Somatostatin receptor type 2A immunohistochemistry in neuroendocrine tumors: a proposal of scoring system correlated with somatostatin receptor scintigraphy. Mod Pathol 20:1172-82 (2007). PubMed: 17873898