Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Somatostatin Receptor 5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Somatostatin Receptor 5 antibody
See all Somatostatin Receptor 5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Somatostatin Receptor 5
Specificityab28618 recognises Somatostatin Receptor 5.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28618 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 54-63 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for somatostatin 28 and to a lesser extent for somatostatin-14. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins which inhibit adenylyl cyclase.
Tissue specificityAdult pituitary gland, heart, small intestine, adrenal gland, cerebellum and fetal hypothalamus. No expression in fetal or adult kidney, liver, pancreas, uterus, spleen, lung, thyroid or ovary.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- SSTR5 antibody
- Somatostatin receptor subtype 5 antibody
- Somatostatin receptor type 5 antibody
Anti-Somatostatin Receptor 5 antibody (ab28618) at 1 µg/ml + Brain: pituitary gland (Human) Whole Cell Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29749) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 15 kDa, 20 kDa, 73 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 8 minutes
Somatostatin Receptor 5 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
ICC/IF image of ab28618 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28618, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab28618 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Fastrez M et al. Immunohistochemical Analysis of Somatostatin Receptors in Endometriosis Tissue Samples: A Retrospective Study. Int J Gynecol Pathol 38:371-376 (2019). PubMed: 29750706
- Nakamura A et al. Usefulness of the octreotide test in Japanese patients for predicting the presence/absence of somatostatin receptor 2 expression in insulinomas. Endocr J 63:135-42 (2016). PubMed: 26567922
- Gonzalez B et al. Cytoplasmic expression of SSTR2 and 5 by immunohistochemistry and by RT/PCR is not associated with the pharmacological response to octreotide. Endocrinol Nutr 61:523-30 (2014). PubMed: 25008035
- Liu Y et al. Somatostatin receptor subtypes 2 and 5 are associated with better survival in operable hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma following octreotide long-acting release treatment. Oncol Lett 6:821-828 (2013). PubMed: 24137418
- Ramírez C et al. Expression of Ki-67, PTTG1, FGFR4, and SSTR 2, 3, and 5 in nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas: a high throughput TMA, immunohistochemical study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:1745-51 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22419713
- Fasciani A et al. Overexpression and functional relevance of somatostatin receptor-1, -2, and -5 in endometrium and endometriotic lesions. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:5315-9 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20739383
- Bruton JD et al. Increased fatigue resistance linked to Ca2+-stimulated mitochondrial biogenesis in muscle fibres of cold-acclimated mice. J Physiol 588:4275-88 (2010). PubMed: 20837639
- Righi L et al. Somatostatin receptor tissue distribution in lung neuroendocrine tumours: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 218 'clinically aggressive' cases. Ann Oncol : (2009). PubMed: 19759190
- Volante M et al. Somatostatin receptor type 2A immunohistochemistry in neuroendocrine tumors: a proposal of scoring system correlated with somatostatin receptor scintigraphy. Mod Pathol 20:1172-82 (2007). PubMed: 17873898