Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SOSTDC1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SOSTDC1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SOSTDC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Macaque monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SOSTDC1 aa 150 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human, Mouse and Rat Kidney tissue lysates. It also gave a positive signal in FFPE human normal lung tissue sections
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99340 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay be involved in the onset of endometrial receptivity for implantation/sensitization for the decidual cell reaction Enhances Wnt signaling and inhibits TGF-beta signaling (By similarity). Directly antagonizes activity of BMP2, BMP4, BMP6 and BMP7 in a dose-dependent manner.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in kidney and weakly in lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sclerostin family.
Contains 1 CTCK (C-terminal cystine knot-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- CDA019 antibody
- DKFZp564D206 antibody
- Ectodermal BMP inhibitor antibody
IHC image of SOSTDC1 staining in human normal lung formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab99340, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-SOSTDC1 antibody (ab99340) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203)
Lane 2 : Kidney (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Kidney (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 23 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 minutes
SOSTDC1 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
ICC/IF image of ab99340 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab99340, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) HeLa cells at 5µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa and HepG2 cells at 5µg/ml.
ab99340 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Lu L et al. Febuxostat inhibits TGF-ß1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition via downregulation of USAG-1 expression in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells in vitro. Mol Med Rep 19:1694-1704 (2019). PubMed: 30628645
- Gao B et al. Macrophage-lineage TRAP+ cells recruit periosteum-derived cells for periosteal osteogenesis and regeneration. J Clin Invest 129:2578-2594 (2019). PubMed: 30946695
- Barbe MF et al. Prolonged high force high repetition pulling induces osteocyte apoptosis and trabecular bone loss in distal radius, while low force high repetition pulling induces bone anabolism. Bone 110:267-283 (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 29476978
- Chen G et al. SOSTDC1 inhibits bone metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer and may serve as a clinical therapeutic target. Int J Mol Med 42:3424-3436 (2018). PubMed: 30320379
- Prochazkova M et al. FGF signaling refines Wnt gradients to regulate the patterning of taste papillae. Development 144:2212-2221 (2017). PubMed: 28506989
- Zhang Y et al. Role of artesunate in TGF-ß1-induced renal tubular epithelial-mesenchymal transdifferentiation in NRK-52E cells. Mol Med Rep 16:8891-8899 (2017). PubMed: 28990102
- Bansho Y et al. Identification and characterization of secreted factors that are upregulated during somatic cell reprogramming. FEBS Lett 591:1584-1600 (2017). PubMed: 28471520
- Yuan S et al. Post-transcriptional Regulation of Keratinocyte Progenitor Cell Expansion, Differentiation and Hair Follicle Regression by miR-22. PLoS Genet 11:e1005253 (2015). PubMed: 26020521