Product nameSOSTDC1 peptide
See all SOSTDC1 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119134 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-SOSTDC1 antibody (ab99340)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Ectodermal BMP inhibitor
FunctionMay be involved in the onset of endometrial receptivity for implantation/sensitization for the decidual cell reaction Enhances Wnt signaling and inhibits TGF-beta signaling (By similarity). Directly antagonizes activity of BMP2, BMP4, BMP6 and BMP7 in a dose-dependent manner.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in kidney and weakly in lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sclerostin family.
Contains 1 CTCK (C-terminal cystine knot-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
This product has been referenced in:
- Barbe MF et al. Prolonged high force high repetition pulling induces osteocyte apoptosis and trabecular bone loss in distal radius, while low force high repetition pulling induces bone anabolism. Bone 110:267-283 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29476978) »