Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8191(2)] to SOX11
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-SOX11 antibody [EPR8191(2)]
See all SOX11 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8191(2)] to SOX11
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IP, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF or IHC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human SOX11 aa 1-100 (N terminal) (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P35716
- WB: Human fetal brain tissue lysate and Y79 cell lysate. ICC/IF: SH-SY5Y cells. Flow Cyt: SH-SY5Y cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab170916 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
FunctionProbably important in the developing nervous system. May also have a role in tissue modeling during development.
Tissue specificityExpressed mainly in the nervous system.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- MRD27 antibody
- SOX11 antibody
- SOX11_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-SOX11 antibody [EPR8191(2)] (ab170916) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal brain tissue lysate
Lane 2 : SH SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : Y79 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP conjugated antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Flow cytometry analysis of SH-SY5Y ( Human neuroblastoma epithelial cell) cells labeling SOX11 (red) with ab170916 at a 1/60 dilution. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 90% methanol. A goat anti-rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution. Black - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) (ab172730). Blue (unlabeled control) - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
Lane 1 Primary: ab170916, 1/1000 dilution
Sample: Immunoprecipitation pellet from Human fetal brain lysate using ab170916 at 1/10.
Secondary: HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG preferentially detecting the non-reduced form of rabbit IgG.
Lane 2 Primary: ab170916, 1/1000 dilution
Sample: Immunoprecipitation pellet from PBS using ab170916 at 1/10 (negative control).
Secondary: HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG preferentially detecting the non-reduced form of rabbit
ab170916 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Xu S et al. SOX11 promotes osteoarthritis through induction of TNF-a. Pathol Res Pract N/A:152442 (2019). PubMed: 31078342
- Wang X et al. Tanshinone I Inhibits IL-1ß-Induced Apoptosis, Inflammation And Extracellular Matrix Degradation In Chondrocytes CHON-001 Cells And Attenuates Murine Osteoarthritis. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:3559-3568 (2019). PubMed: 31686786
- Oliemuller E et al. SOX11 promotes invasive growth and ductal carcinoma in situ progression. J Pathol 243:193-207 (2017). PubMed: 28707729