Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8192] to SOX11
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-SOX11 antibody [EPR8192]
See all SOX11 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8192] to SOX11
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human SOX11 (UniProt ID: P35716).
- WB: Human fetal brain and Y79 lysates.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 3.70 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134107 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionProbably important in the developing nervous system. May also have a role in tissue modeling during development.
Tissue specificityExpressed mainly in the nervous system.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- MRD27 antibody
- SOX11 antibody
- SOX11_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-SOX11 antibody [EPR8192] (ab134107) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : Y79 lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab134107 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Smestad JA & Maher LJ Master regulator analysis of paragangliomas carrying SDHx, VHL, or MAML3 genetic alterations. BMC Cancer 19:619 (2019). PubMed: 31234811
- Ji Q et al. miR-223-3p Inhibits Human Osteosarcoma Metastasis and Progression by Directly Targeting CDH6. Mol Ther 26:1299-1312 (2018). PubMed: 29628305
- Balta EA et al. Phosphorylation Modulates the Subcellular Localization of SOX11. Front Mol Neurosci 11:211 (2018). PubMed: 29973868
- Tepe B et al. Single-Cell RNA-Seq of Mouse Olfactory Bulb Reveals Cellular Heterogeneity and Activity-Dependent Molecular Census of Adult-Born Neurons. Cell Rep 25:2689-2703.e3 (2018). PubMed: 30517858
- Balta EA et al. Phosphorylation of the neurogenic transcription factor SOX11 on serine 133 modulates neuronal morphogenesis. Sci Rep 8:16196 (2018). PubMed: 30385877