Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [154C4a] to SOX4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Recombinant fragment
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-SOX4 antibody [154C4a]
See all SOX4 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [154C4a] to SOX4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Recombinant fragment
Recombinant fragment of human SOX4 from an internal sequence.
- Recombinant human SOX4.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1136% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate, 1% BSA, 0.03% Potassium phosphate, 0.812% Sodium chloride, 0.1312% Sodium phosphate, 0.0225% Potassium chloride, 0.0204% Monobasic dihydrogen potassium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesab70598 was purified using protein G column chromatography from culture supernatant of hybridoma cultured in a medium containing bovine IgG-depleted (approximately 95%) fetal bovine serum and filtered through a 0.22µm membrane.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70598 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
FunctionTranscriptional activator that binds with high affinity to the T-cell enhancer motif 5'-AACAAAG-3' motif.
Tissue specificityTestis, brain, and heart.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Ecotropic viral integration site 16 antibody
- EVI 16 antibody
- EVI16 antibody
Anti-SOX4 antibody [154C4a] (ab70598) + immunising recombinant protein
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The molecular weight of the band on the western blot does not correspond to the molecular weight of the natural protein because only a fragment of the protein was used.
ab70598 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Lin C et al. Circulating miR-338 Cluster activities on osteoblast differentiation: Potential Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targets for Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. Theranostics 9:3780-3797 (2019). PubMed: 31281513
- Sun X et al. MicroRNA-339-5p inhibits cell proliferation of acute myeloid leukaemia by directly targeting SOX4. Mol Med Rep 18:5261-5269 (2018). PubMed: 30320397
- Lee H et al. TMEM2 Is a SOX4-Regulated Gene That Mediates Metastatic Migration and Invasion in Breast Cancer. Cancer Res 76:4994-5005 (2016). PubMed: 27328729
- Mehta A et al. The microRNA-212/132 cluster regulates B cell development by targeting Sox4. J Exp Med 212:1679-92 (2015). PubMed: 26371188
- Aue G et al. Sox4 cooperates with PU.1 haploinsufficiency in murine myeloid leukemia. Blood 118:4674-81 (2011). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 21878674