Product nameAnti-SOX5 antibody - ChIP Grade
See all SOX5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SOX5 - ChIP Grade
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIP, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Pig, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SOX5 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human Brain Tissue Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab94396 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22547066|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 84 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa).|
FunctionBinds specifically to the DNA sequence 5'-AACAAT-3'. Activates transcription of COL2A1 and AGC1 in vitro.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- L SOX5 antibody
- MGC35153 antibody
- Sex determining region Y box 5 antibody
ab94396 staining SOX5 in mouse brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton X-100 and blocked with 3% BSA for 30 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500) for 12 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 555-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab94396 staining SOX5 in mouse cartilage tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 1% Triton in PBS and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in PBS + 10% serum) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/400) was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-SOX5 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab94396) at 1 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 84 kDa
Observed band size: 84 kDa
Additional bands at: 24 kDa, 28 kDa, 55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 5 minutes
ab94396 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Takimoto A et al. Differential transactivation of the upstream aggrecan enhancer regulated by PAX1/9 depends on SOX9-driven transactivation. Sci Rep 9:4605 (2019). PubMed: 30872687
- Sun C et al. SOX5 promotes breast cancer proliferation and invasion by transactivation of EZH2. Oncol Lett 17:2754-2762 (2019). PubMed: 30854049
- DiNuoscio G & Atit RP Wnt/ß-catenin signaling in the mouse embryonic cranial mesenchyme is required to sustain the emerging differentiated meningeal layers. Genesis 57:e23279 (2019). PubMed: 30615824
- Hu J et al. Sox5 contributes to prostate cancer metastasis and is a master regulator of TGF-ß-induced epithelial mesenchymal transition through controlling Twist1 expression. Br J Cancer 118:88-97 (2018). PubMed: 29123266
- Wang Y et al. N6-methyladenosine RNA modification regulates embryonic neural stem cell self-renewal through histone modifications. Nat Neurosci 21:195-206 (2018). PubMed: 29335608