Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SOX6
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30455 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/1000. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining.|
FunctionTranscriptional activator. Binds specifically to the DNA sequence 5'-AACAAT-3'. Plays a key role in several developmental processes, including neurogenesis and skeleton formation.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues, most abundantly in skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
modificationsSumoylation inhibits the transcriptional activity.
- Information by UniProt
- HSSOX 6 antibody
- HSSOX6 antibody
- SOX 6 antibody
IHC (PFA-fixed) image of SOX6 (ab30455) on sections of P18 mouse dentate gyrus. The mice were perfusion fixed with 4% PFA and then post-fixed in 4% PFA for a few hours. The blocks were prepared in agarose/sucrose and cut using a vibratome (50 µm). The sections were permeabilized with 1% Triton X-100 for 30 mins and blocked with 10% FBS for 2 hours at room temperature, then incubated overnight at 4°C with the primary antibody. The primary antibody was used at a 1/100 dilution and detected with donkey anti-rabbit 488 secondary at 1/1000 dilution.
ab30455 staining Sox6 in post-natal mouse brain sections. PFA-fixed post-natal mouse brain sections were incubated for 30 minutes in blocking solution followed by an overnight incubation with ab30455 (1/500) at 4°C. No staining was observed in sections obtained from Sox6 knockout mice.
ab30455 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Simmons SC et al. Determination of circuit-specific morphological adaptations in ventral tegmental area dopamine neurons by chronic morphine. Mol Brain 12:10 (2019). PubMed: 30736837
- Takimoto A et al. Differential transactivation of the upstream aggrecan enhancer regulated by PAX1/9 depends on SOX9-driven transactivation. Sci Rep 9:4605 (2019). PubMed: 30872687
- Wu L et al. Myricetin improves endurance capacity by inducing muscle fiber type conversion via miR-499. Nutr Metab (Lond) 16:27 (2019). PubMed: 31073320
- Shi Y et al. MiR-499 inhibited hypoxia/reoxygenation induced cardiomyocytes injury by targeting SOX6. Biotechnol Lett 41:837-847 (2019). PubMed: 31076992
- Gao Y et al. Role of TGF-ß/Smad Pathway in the Transcription of Pancreas-Specific Genes During Beta Cell Differentiation. Front Cell Dev Biol 7:351 (2019). PubMed: 31921861