Key features and details
- JNK inhibitor
- CAS Number: 129-56-6
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 5 mM (with heating)
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSP600125, JNK inhibitor
Potent and selective JNK1, -2, and -3 inhibitor (IC50 = 0.11 μM). SP600125 is a reversible ATP-competitive inhibitor with >20-fold selectivity over a range of kinases. It dose-dependently inhibits the phosphorylation of c-Jun and the expression of inflammatory genes COX-2, IL-2, IFNγ and TNFα. Neuroprotective in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 5 mM (with heating)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120065 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Chu X et al. JNK/c-Jun-driven NLRP3 inflammasome activation in microglia contributed to retinal ganglion cells degeneration induced by indirect traumatic optic neuropathy. Exp Eye Res 202:108335 (2021). PubMed: 33141050
- Lv YC et al. Long-term adenosine A1 receptor activation-induced sortilin expression promotes a-synuclein upregulation in dopaminergic neurons. Neural Regen Res 15:712-723 (2020). PubMed: 31638096
- Woida PJ & Satchell KJF The Vibrio cholerae MARTX toxin silences the inflammatory response to cytoskeletal damage before inducing actin cytoskeleton collapse. Sci Signal 13:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31937566
- Alhuthali HM et al. The natural alkaloid Jerantinine B has activity in acute myeloid leukemia cells through a mechanism involving c-Jun. BMC Cancer 20:629 (2020). PubMed: 32635894
- Kang K & Wang Y Sevoflurane Inhibits Proliferation and Invasion of Human Ovarian Cancer Cells by Regulating JNK and p38 MAPK Signaling Pathway. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:4451-4460 (2019). PubMed: 32021086