Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SPARC
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SPARC antibody
See all SPARC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SPARC
SpecificityThere were no cross reactivities obtained with human Osteopontin, and human Bone Sialoprotein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14174 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionAppears to regulate cell growth through interactions with the extracellular matrix and cytokines. Binds calcium and copper, several types of collagen, albumin, thrombospondin, PDGF and cell membranes. There are two calcium binding sites; an acidic domain that binds 5 to 8 Ca(2+) with a low affinity and an EF-hand loop that binds a Ca(2+) ion with a high affinity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SPARC family.
Contains 1 EF-hand domain.
Contains 1 follistatin-like domain.
Contains 1 Kazal-like domain.
Developmental stageExpressed at high levels in tissues undergoing morphogenesis, remodeling and wound repair.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane. In or around the basement membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AA517111 antibody
- Basement membrane protein 40 antibody
- Basement-membrane protein 40 antibody
ab14174 at a 1/100 dilution staining SPARC in mouse endochondral bone by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections) incubated for 16 hours at 4°C. PFA fixed. Permeabilized with 0.1% Triton. Blocked using 20% serum for 50 minutes at 19°C. Secondary used at 1/200 polyclonal Donkey anti-rabbit conjugated to Alexa Fluor 555 (red). Counterstain (blue) DAPI.
ab14174 (1/1000) staining SPARC in human substanta nigra using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of the cytoplasm and extracellular matrix.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer citrate pH 6.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
Immunohistochemical analysis of E14 and E16 mouse choroid plexus tissue, staining SPARC with ab14174. Sections were blocked with blocking agents and incubated with primary antibody (1/10000) overnight at 4°C. Staining was detected using DAB.
ab14174 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Siar CH & Ng KH Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in ameloblastoma: focus on morphologically evident mesenchymal phenotypic transition. Pathology 51:494-501 (2019). PubMed: 31262562
- Wang Q et al. Silencing of SPARC represses heterotopic ossification via inhibition of the MAPK signaling pathway. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31548362
- Kao SC et al. A proteomics-based approach identifies secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine as a prognostic biomarker in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Br J Cancer 114:524-31 (2016). PubMed: 26889976
- Linhares MM et al. Genetic and Immunohistochemical Expression of Integrins ITGAV, ITGA6, and ITGA3 As Prognostic Factor for Colorectal Cancer: Models for Global and Disease-Free Survival. PLoS One 10:e0144333 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 26674523
- Kim MO et al. Electromagnetic fields and nanomagnetic particles increase the osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Int J Mol Med 35:153-60 (2015). PubMed: 25352086