Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SPARC
- Suitable for: IHC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SPARC antibody
See all SPARC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SPARC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from the human SPARC protein.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified by SAS precipitation.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55847 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionAppears to regulate cell growth through interactions with the extracellular matrix and cytokines. Binds calcium and copper, several types of collagen, albumin, thrombospondin, PDGF and cell membranes. There are two calcium binding sites; an acidic domain that binds 5 to 8 Ca(2+) with a low affinity and an EF-hand loop that binds a Ca(2+) ion with a high affinity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SPARC family.
Contains 1 EF-hand domain.
Contains 1 follistatin-like domain.
Contains 1 Kazal-like domain.
Developmental stageExpressed at high levels in tissues undergoing morphogenesis, remodeling and wound repair.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane. In or around the basement membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AA517111 antibody
- Basement membrane protein 40 antibody
- Basement-membrane protein 40 antibody
ab55847 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Liu L et al. Secreted Protein Acidic and Rich in Cysteine Mediated Biomimetic Delivery of Methotrexate by Albumin-Based Nanomedicines for Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapy. ACS Nano 13:5036-5048 (2019). PubMed: 30978282
- Wang Q et al. Silencing of SPARC represses heterotopic ossification via inhibition of the MAPK signaling pathway. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31548362
- Farrokhi E et al. Effect of Oxidized Low Density Lipoprotein on the Expression of Runx2 and SPARC Genes in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. Iran Biomed J 19:160-4 (2015). PubMed: 26025968
- Liu Y et al. Apratoxin a reversibly inhibits the secretory pathway by preventing cotranslational translocation. Mol Pharmacol 76:91-104 (2009). PubMed: 19403701
- Kos K et al. Regulation of the fibrosis and angiogenesis promoter SPARC/osteonectin in human adipose tissue by weight change, leptin, insulin, and glucose. Diabetes 58:1780-8 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19509023