Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SPC25
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SPC25 antibody
See all SPC25 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SPC25
This antibody recognizes a protein of approximately 31kDa in HeLa cell lysate that is blocked by the addition of the immunizing peptide. This is larger than the expected size of 25kDa and we cannot explain why the detected protein is larger than expected. Several larger bands are detected which are not blocked at all by the addition of the immunizing peptide. SPC25 may be better detected in lysates of nocodazole-arrested HeLa cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: NIH 3T3 (Mouse) Whole Cell Lysate (ab52956) Human pancreas tissue lysate - total protein (ab29816) Pancreas (Mouse) Tissue Lysate (ab55116) Ovary (Mouse) Tissue Lysate (ab35808) Ovary (Rat) Tissue Lysate (ab65552) HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab27252) ICC/IF: HeLa cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20679 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
FunctionActs as a component of the essential kinetochore-associated NDC80 complex, which is required for chromosome segregation and spindle checkpoint activity. Required for kinetochore integrity and the organization of stable microtubule binding sites in the outer plate of the kinetochore.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SPC25 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Localizes to kinetochores from late prophase to anaphase. Localizes specifically to the outer plate of the kinetochore.
- Information by UniProt
- AD024 antibody
- hSpc25 antibody
- Kinetochore protein Spc25 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SPC25 antibody (ab20679) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse) Whole Cell Lysate (ab52956)
Lane 2 : Human ovary tissue lysate - total protein (ab30222)
Lane 3 : Human pancreas tissue lysate - total protein (ab29816)
Lane 4 : Pancreas (Mouse) Tissue Lysate (ab55116)
Lane 5 : Ovary (Mouse) Tissue Lysate (ab35808)
Lane 6 : Ovary (Rat) Tissue Lysate (ab65552)
Lane 7 : Pancreas (Rat) Tissue Lysate (ab4036)
Lane 8 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab27252)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
ab20679 (1/200) staining SPC25 in assynchronous HeLa cells, in conjunction with a secondary goat anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to Cy3® (green). Cells were counterstained with DAPI to show the nucleus (red).
ab20679 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Chen J et al. SPC25 upregulation increases cancer stem cell properties in non-small cell lung adenocarcinoma cells and independently predicts poor survival. Biomed Pharmacother 100:233-239 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29432994
- Villegas E et al. Plk2 regulates mitotic spindle orientation and mammary gland development. Development 141:1562-71 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24598160
- Sun SC et al. Perturbation of Spc25 expression affects meiotic spindle organization, chromosome alignment and spindle assembly checkpoint in mouse oocytes. Cell Cycle 9:4552-9 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 21084868