Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Spry-2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Spry-2 antibody
See all Spry-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Spry-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cynomolgus monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Spry-2 aa 50-150 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Human Brain Tissue; Human Lung Tissue; Human Heart Tissue; Jurkat Whole Cell Lysate; Caco2 Whole Cell Lysate; SW480 Whole Cell Lysate. IHC-P: Human skin melanoma FFPE tissue sections
Previously labelled as Sprouty 2.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85670 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay function as an antagonist of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) pathways and may negatively modulate respiratory organogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sprouty family.
Contains 1 SPR (sprouty) domain.
DomainThe Cys-rich domain is responsible for the localization of the protein to the membrane ruffles.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell projection > ruffle membrane. Associated with microtubules in unstimulated cells but is translocated to the membrane ruffles in cells stimulated ith EGF.
- Information by UniProt
- hSPRY 2 antibody
- hSPRY2 antibody
- MGC23039 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Spry-2 antibody (ab85670) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431)
Lane 4 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : SW480 (Human colon adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 35 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab85670 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab85670, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) PC12 cells at 10µg/ml.
IHC image of Spry-2 staining in human skin melanoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab85670, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab85670 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Che F et al. Increased expression of miR-27 predicts poor prognosis and promotes tumorigenesis in human multiple myeloma. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30837325
- Liao W et al. BMSC-derived exosomes carrying microRNA-122-5p promote proliferation of osteoblasts in osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Clin Sci (Lond) 133:1955-1975 (2019). PubMed: 31387936
- Holter MC et al. The Noonan Syndrome-linked Raf1L613V mutation drives increased glial number in the mouse cortex and enhanced learning. PLoS Genet 15:e1008108 (2019). PubMed: 31017896
- Li Y et al. microRNA-23a promotes cell growth and metastasis in gastric cancer via targeting SPRY2-mediated ERK signaling. Oncol Lett 15:8433-8441 (2018). PubMed: 29805579
- Hagiwara M & Nakase I Epidermal growth factor induced macropinocytosis directs branch formation of lung epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 507:297-303 (2018). PubMed: 30442367
- Hagiwara M et al. In Vitro Experimental Model for the Long-Term Analysis of Cellular Dynamics During Bronchial Tree Development from Lung Epithelial Cells. Tissue Eng Part C Methods 23:323-332 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28471293
- Bachofner M et al. Large-Scale Quantitative Proteomics Identifies the Ubiquitin Ligase Nedd4-1 as an Essential Regulator of Liver Regeneration. Dev Cell 42:616-625.e8 (2017). PubMed: 28890072