Key features and details
- GABAA antagonist
- CAS Number: 104104-50-9
- Soluble in water to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSR95531 (Gabazine), GABAA antagonist
Selective, competitive GABAA receptor antagonist. Allosteric inhibitor of channel opening of the GABAA receptor. Displaces [3H]-GABA from rat brain membranes with a Ki of 150 nM.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab144487) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Chemical name2-(3-Carboxypropyl)-3-amino-6-(4 methoxyphenyl)pyridazinium bromide
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120042, SR95531 (Gabazine), GABAA antagonist
Expression of DISC1ΔC is induced by postnatal administration of 4-OHT as seen by expression of GFP fused to DISC1ΔC in this P28 brain slice. No GFP expression is observed in vehicle treated animals (- 4-OHT). Scale bar equals 100 µm. Performed in the presence of gabazine (5 µM) and TTX (1 µM).
A. Purkinje cell response to simulated ischemia (OGD only) in the continuous presence of the GABAA antagonist GABAzine (ab120042, 10 μM), and during subsequent block of glutamate receptors with AP5 (ab120003, 50 μM) + NBQX (ab120045, 25 μM). B. Bar charts summarize the timing and magnitude of ischemia-induced glutamate currents (for both methods of simulating ischemia) with and without GABAA receptors blocked. Iglu is the magnitude of current blocked by AP5 (ab120003, 50 μM) + NBQX (ab120045, 25 μM).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120042 has been referenced in 138 publications.
- Booker SA et al. Presynaptic GABAB receptors functionally uncouple somatostatin interneurons from the active hippocampal network. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32073397
- Khan MM & Regehr WG Loss of Doc2b does not influence transmission at Purkinje cell to deep nuclei synapses under physiological conditions. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32347796
- Vaden RJ et al. Parvalbumin interneurons provide spillover to newborn and mature dentate granule cells. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32602839
- Barnes JL et al. Developmentally Transient CB1Rs on Cerebellar Afferents Suppress Afferent Input, Downstream Synaptic Excitation, and Signaling to Migrating Neurons. J Neurosci 40:6133-6145 (2020). PubMed: 32631938
- Goz RU et al. BRAFV600E expression in neural progenitors results in a hyperexcitable phenotype in neocortical pyramidal neurons. J Neurophysiol 123:2449-2464 (2020). PubMed: 32401131