Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR11776] to SRAP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-SRAP antibody [EPR11776]
See all SRAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11776] to SRAP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human SRAP aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9HD15
- Human fetal liver and kidney lysates; Human ovarian carcinoma tissue; 293 and MCF7 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183725 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
FunctionFunctional RNA which acts as a transcriptional coactivator that selectively enhances steroid receptor-mediated transactivation ligand-independently through a mechanism involving the modulating N-terminal domain (AF-1) of steroid receptors. Also mediates transcriptional coactivation of steroid receptors ligand-dependently through the steroid-binding domain (AF-2). Enhances cellular proliferation and differentiation and promotes apoptosis in vivo. May play a role in tumorigenesis.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in liver and skeletal muscle and to a lesser extent in brain. Also expressed in both normal and tumorigenic breast epithelial cell lines. Significantly up-regulated in human tumors of the breast, ovary, and uterus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SRA1 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- MGC87674 antibody
- PP7684 antibody
- SR A1 antibody
Anti-SRAP antibody [EPR11776] (ab183725) at 1/2000 dilution + Human fetal liver lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human ovarian carcinoma tissue labeling SRAP with ab183725 at 1/100 dilution. The slide is counterstained with Hematoxylin.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunofluorescence analysis of 4% paraformaldehyde-fixed MCF7 cells labeling SRAP with ab183725 at 1/500 dilution (red). Goat anti-rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 555) at 1/200 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. The slide on the right is stained with Dapi (blue).
Anti-SRAP antibody [EPR11776] (ab183725) at 1/10000 dilution + Human fetal kidney lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of 2% paraformaldehyde-fixed 293 cells labeling SRAP with ab183725 at 1/180 dilution. Goat anti-rabbit IgG (FITC) at 1/150 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Rabbit monoclonal IgG was used as the isotype control.
ab183725 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhong S et al. Acetaldehyde dehydrogenase 2 interactions with LDLR and AMPK regulate foam cell formation. J Clin Invest 129:252-267 (2019). PubMed: 30375985
- Gu X et al. An in vitro model of foam cell formation induced by a stretchable microfluidic device. Sci Rep 9:7461 (2019). PubMed: 31097769
- Wang Z et al. Naoxintong Retards Atherosclerosis by Inhibiting Foam Cell Formation Through Activating Ppara Pathway. Curr Mol Med 18:698-710 (2018). PubMed: 30734676
- Xie Z et al. Adipose-Derived Exosomes Exert Proatherogenic Effects by Regulating Macrophage Foam Cell Formation and Polarization. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29502100
- Zhang X et al. Human Gingiva-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Modulate Monocytes/Macrophages and Alleviate Atherosclerosis. Front Immunol 9:878 (2018). PubMed: 29760701