Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (quantitative)
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Adherent cells
Product nameSRB Assay / Sulforhodamine B Assay Kit
Sample typeAdherent cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
SRB Assay / Sulforhodamine B Assay Kit ab235935 relies on the stoichiometric binding of SRB (Sulforhodamine B) dye to proteins under mild acidic conditions and its subsequent extraction under basic conditions. The amount of dye extracted is a proxy for cell mass and thus the number of cells in a sample.
The measurement of the number of cells in the assay allows its use for analysis of cell viability, cytotoxicity and cell proliferation.
In the assay, cultured cells are fixed on plates, stained with Sulforhodamine B, washed and dried, then the bound dye is solubilized and the absorbance of the dye in solution is measured at OD 565 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1000 tests 10X Solubilization Solution 1 x 22ml 20 mM Doxorubicin 1 x 100µl 20X Washing Solution 1 x 50ml Fixation Solution 1 x 55ml SRB Dye Solution 1 x 50ml
ab235935 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Gallo C et al. A New Bioassay Platform Design for the Discovery of Small Molecules with Anticancer Immunotherapeutic Activity. Mar Drugs 18:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33260400
- Chu CW et al. Thioridazine Enhances P62-Mediated Autophagy and Apoptosis Through Wnt/ß-Catenin Signaling Pathway in Glioma Cells. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30678307