Product nameSrc Kinase Inhibitor I (SKI-1)
DescriptionPotent, selective and dual site Src tyrosine kinase family inhibitor
Biological descriptionPotent, selective and dual site Src family tyrosine kinase inhibitor (IC50 values are 44 and 88 nM for Src and Lck, respectively). Cell-permeable, reversible and ATP-competitive. Interacts with both ATP and peptide-binding sites. Additionally inhibits VEGFR2 and C-fms (IC50 values are 0.32 and 30 µM, respectively). Induces apoptosis.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120839 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab11512 staining E cadherin in SW480 cells treated with Src Kinase Inhibitor I (SKI-1) (ab120839), by ICC/IF. Increase of E cadherin expression correlates with increased concentration of Src Kinase Inhibitor I (SKI-1), as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120839 (Src Kinase Inhibitor I (SKI-1)) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab11512 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 anti-rat polyclonal antibody (ab98386) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120839 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Röselová P et al. Adhesion structures in leukemia cells and their regulation by Src family kinases. Cell Adh Migr 12:286-298 (2018). PubMed: 28678601
- Hock EM et al. Hypertonic Stress Causes Cytoplasmic Translocation of Neuronal, but Not Astrocytic, FUS due to Impaired Transportin Function. Cell Rep 24:987-1000.e7 (2018). PubMed: 30044993
- Kumazoe M et al. Green Tea Polyphenol EGCG Upregulates Tollip Expression by Suppressing Elf-1 Expression. J Immunol 199:3261-3269 (2017). PubMed: 28954885
- Wang X et al. Human papillomavirus type 16 E6 oncoprotein promotes proliferation and invasion of non-small cell lung cancer cells through Toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway. J Med Virol N/A:N/A (2017). Blocking ; Human . PubMed: 28480962
- McGee D et al. Cervical HSV-2 infection causes cervical remodeling and increases risk for ascending infection and preterm birth. PLoS One 12:e0188645 (2017). PubMed: 29190738
- Gomes JR et al. Transthyretin provides trophic support via megalin by promoting neurite outgrowth and neuroprotection in cerebral ischemia. Cell Death Differ 23:1749-1764 (2016). PubMed: 27518433