Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Src (phospho Y418)
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Src (phospho Y418) antibody
See all Src primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Src (phospho Y418)
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of Src only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 418.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Src around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 418 (N-E-YP-T-A).
- Human colon carcinoma tissue; COLO205 cell extracts
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47411 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionNon-receptor protein tyrosine kinase that plays pivotal roles in numerous cellular processes such as proliferation, migration, and transformation. In concert with PTK2B, plays an important role in osteoclastic bone resorption. Both the formation of a SRC-PTK2B complex, and SRC kinase activity are necessary for this function. Once it is recruited to the activated integrins, by PTK2B, it phosphorylates CBL which in turn induces the activation and recruitment of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase to the cell membrane in a signaling pathway that is critical for osteoclast function. Promotes energy production in osteoclasts by activating mitochondrial cytochrome C oxidase. Phosphorylates RUNX3 and COX2 on tyrosine residues, TNK2 on 'Tyr-284' and CBL on 'Tyr-731'. Enhances DDX58/RIG-I-elicited antiviral signaling.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. SRC subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
modificationsDephosphorylated at Tyr-530 by PTPRJ (By similarity). Phosphorylated on Tyr-530 by c-Src kinase (CSK). The phosphorylated form is termed pp60c-src. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-419. Normally maintained in an inactive conformation with the SH2 domain engaged with Tyr-530, the SH3 domain engaged with the SH2-kinase linker, and Tyr-419 dephosphorylated. Dephosphorylation of Tyr-530 as a result of protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) action disrupts the intramolecular interaction between the SH2 domain and Tyr-530, Tyr-419 can then become autophosphorylated, resulting in SRC activation. Phosphorylation of Tyr-530 by CSK allows this interaction to reform, resulting in SRC inactivation.
S-nitrosylation is important for activation of its kinase activity.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Mitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
FormThis protein is known to be similar in amino acid sequence to HCK (P08631), LCK (P06239), FYN (P06241), YES1 (P07947), and LYN (P07948). Therefore, cross-reactivity with these homologous proteins may be observed. We would be happy to provide immunogen alignment information upon request.
- ASV antibody
- Avian sarcoma virus antibody
- AW259666 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma tissue in the presence (right) and absence (left) of blocking phosphopeptide, using ab47411 at 1/50 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-Src (phospho Y418) antibody (ab47411) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COLO205 cell extracts with serum
Lane 2 : COLO205 cell extracts
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Western blot analysis of extracts from COLO205 cells in the presence (lane 2) and absence (lane 1) of serum, using ab47411 at 1/500 dilution.
ab47411 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Ting PC et al. Folic acid inhibits colorectal cancer cell migration. J Nutr Biochem 63:157-164 (2019). PubMed: 30393128
- Chen J et al. IL-6/YAP1/ß-catenin signaling is involved in intervertebral disc degeneration. J Cell Physiol 234:5964-5971 (2019). PubMed: 30511395
- Iida M et al. Src inhibition attenuates polyglutamine-mediated neuromuscular degeneration in spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy. Nat Commun 10:4262 (2019). PubMed: 31537808
- Grun D et al. NRP-1 interacts with GIPC1 and a6/ß4-integrins to increase YAP1/?Np63a-dependent epidermal cancer stem cell survival. Oncogene 37:4711-4722 (2018). PubMed: 29755126
- Chernova T et al. Long-Fiber Carbon Nanotubes Replicate Asbestos-Induced Mesothelioma with Disruption of the Tumor Suppressor Gene Cdkn2a (Ink4a/Arf). Curr Biol 27:3302-3314.e6 (2017). PubMed: 29112861
- Fisher ML et al. Transglutaminase Interaction with a6/ß4-Integrin Stimulates YAP1-Dependent ?Np63a Stabilization and Leads to Enhanced Cancer Stem Cell Survival and Tumor Formation. Cancer Res 76:7265-7276 (2016). PubMed: 27780825
- Donahue TR et al. Integrative survival-based molecular profiling of human pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res 18:1352-63 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22261810