Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to SRD5A1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SRD5A1 antibody
See all SRD5A1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to SRD5A1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Dog
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110123 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 3.75 µg/ml. ab110123 was validated for use in Immunohistochemistry on a panel of 21 formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human tissues after heat induced antigen retrieval in pH 6.0 citrate buffer. After incubation with the primary antibody, slides were incubated with a biotinylated Goat IgG secondary antibody, followed by alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen. The stained slides were evaluated by a pathologist to confirm staining specificity.|
FunctionConverts testosterone into 5-alpha-dihydrotestosterone and progesterone or corticosterone into their corresponding 5-alpha-3-oxosteroids. It plays a central role in sexual differentiation and androgen physiology.
Tissue specificityLiver and prostate (at a low level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the steroid 5-alpha reductase family.
Cellular localizationMicrosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 3 oxo 5 alpha steroid 4 dehydrogenase 1 antibody
- 3 oxo 5 alpha steroid delta 4 dehydrogenase alpha 1 antibody
- 3-oxo-5 alpha-steroid delta 4-dehydrogenase alpha 1,5-alpha reductase antibody
Immunohistochemical analyis of SRD5A1 expression in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human small intestine, using ab110123 at 3.75 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemical analyis of SRD5A1 expression in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human liver, using ab110123 at 3.75 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemical analyis of SRD5A1 expression in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human prostate, using ab110123 at 3.75 µg/ml.
ab110123 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Herrera D et al. Silencing of the transcriptional factor ZEB1 alters the steroidogenic pathway, and increases the concentration of testosterone and DHT in DU145 cells. Oncol Rep 41:1275-1283 (2019). PubMed: 30483800
- Sánchez P et al. Effects of different ethanol-administration regimes on mRNA and protein levels of steroid 5a-reductase isozymes in prefrontal cortex of adolescent male rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 231:3273-80 (2014). Rat . PubMed: 24714925
- Castro B et al. Bisphenol A exposure during adulthood alters expression of aromatase and 5a-reductase isozymes in rat prostate. PLoS One 8:e55905 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 23405234
- Castro B et al. Effects of adult exposure to bisphenol a on genes involved in the physiopathology of rat prefrontal cortex. PLoS One 8:e73584 (2013). WB . PubMed: 24066056