Product nameAnti-SSBP1 antibody
See all SSBP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SSBP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Indirect ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
A synthesized peptide derived from internal sequence of human SSBP1.
- Human pancreas tissue; extracts from HeLa cells and HUVEC cells; A549 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Purine and pyrimidine synthesis
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74710 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionThis protein binds preferentially and cooperatively to ss-DNA. Probably involved in mitochondrial DNA replication.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 SSB domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- mitochondrial antibody
- Mt SSB antibody
- Mt-SSB antibody
All lanes : Anti-SSBP1 antibody (ab74710) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HeLa cells with no peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from HUVEC cells with no peptide
Lane 3 : Extracts from HUVEC cells with peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Observed band size: 17 kDa
Additional bands at: 26 kDa, 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human pancreas tissue using ab74710 at a dilution of 1/50. Left-hand panel: no peptide; right-hand panel: with peptide.
Immunofluorescence analysis of A549 cells, using ab74710 at a dilution of 1/500. Left-hand panel: no peptide; right-hand panel: with peptide.
This product has been referenced in:
- Li Q et al. A functional polymorphism ofSSBP1gene predicts prognosis and response to chemotherapy in resected gastric cancer patients. Oncotarget 8:110861-110876 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 29340022) »
- van Loon B & Samson LD Alkyladenine DNA glycosylase (AAG) localizes to mitochondria and interacts with mitochondrial single-stranded binding protein (mtSSB). DNA Repair (Amst) 12:177-87 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23290262) »