Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ST2 - BSA free
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ST2 antibody - BSA free
See all ST2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ST2 - BSA free
Specificityab25877 reacts all three known ST2 isoforms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse ST2 aa 40-90 (N terminal).
(Peptide available as
- Mouse kidney cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesST2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25877 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
FunctionReceptor for interleukin-33 (IL-33), its stimulation recruits MYD88, IRAK1, IRAK4, and TRAF6, followed by phosphorylation of MAPK3/ERK1 and/or MAPK1/ERK2, MAPK14, and MAPK8. Possibly involved in helper T-cell function.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in kidney, lung, placenta, stomach, skeletal muscle, colon and small intestine. Isoform A is prevalently expressed in the lung, testis, placenta, stomach and colon. Isoform B is more abundant in the brain, kidney and the liver. Isoform C is not detected in brain, heart, liver, kidney and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the interleukin-1 receptor family.
Contains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 TIR domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DER-4 antibody
- DER4 antibody
- FIT 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ST2 antibody - BSA free (ab25877) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse kidney lysate in presence of blocking peptide (1ug/ml)
Lane 2 : Mouse kidney lysate in absence of blocking peptide
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Human lung cancer tissue stained for ST2 using ab25877 at 5 μg/ml in immunohistochemical analysis.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed paraffin embedded sections) of human lung cancer tissue labeling ST2 with Anti-ST2 antibody (ab25877) at 5μg/ml.
Immunohistochemistry of ST2 in human liver tissue with ST2 antibody at 5 µg/ml.
ab25877 at 2µg/ml staining ST2 in mouse kidney tissue by IHC
Mouse kidney cells stained for ST2 using ab25877 at 20 μg/ml in ICC/IF.
ab25877 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Waddell A et al. IL-33 Induces Murine Intestinal Goblet Cell Differentiation Indirectly via Innate Lymphoid Cell IL-13 Secretion. J Immunol 202:598-607 (2019). PubMed: 30530480
- Imai J et al. Flagellin-mediated activation of IL-33-ST2 signaling by a pathobiont promotes intestinal fibrosis. Mucosal Immunol 12:632-643 (2019). PubMed: 30742042
- Tan QY & Cheng ZS TGFß1-Smad Signaling Pathway Participates in Interleukin-33 Induced Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition of A549 Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem 50:757-767 (2018). PubMed: 30308508
- Chen M et al. Evaluation of Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Qingre-Qushi Recipe (QRQS) against Atopic Dermatitis: Potential Mechanism of Inhibition of IL-33/ST2 Signal Transduction. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2017:2489842 (2017). PubMed: 28751921
- Bonyadi Rad E et al. Runx2 mediated Induction of Novel Targets ST2 and Runx3 Leads to Cooperative Regulation of Hypertrophic Differentiation in ATDC5 Chondrocytes. Sci Rep 7:17947 (2017). PubMed: 29263341