Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Stanniocalcin 2/STC-2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Stanniocalcin 2/STC-2 antibody
See all Stanniocalcin 2/STC-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Stanniocalcin 2/STC-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Stanniocalcin 2/STC-2 (N terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Previously labelled as Stanniocalcin 2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesab63057 was purified through a protein A column, eluted with high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately, followed by dialysis against PBS.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63057 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionHas an anti-hypocalcemic action on calcium and phosphate homeostasis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tissues including muscle, heart, pancreas, kidney, spleen, prostate, small intestine, colon and peripheral blood leukocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the stanniocalcin family.
- Information by UniProt
- Stanniocalcin 2 antibody
- Stanniocalcin related protein antibody
- Stanniocalcin-2 antibody
Anti-Stanniocalcin 2/STC-2 antibody (ab63057) at 1/100 dilution + Mouse kidney tissue lysates at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab63057, at 1/50 - 1/100 dilution, staining Stanniocalcin 2/STC-2 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry. ab63057 was peroxidase-conjugated to the secondary antibody, followed by DAB staining.
ab63057 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhang C et al. Upregulation of STC2 in colorectal cancer and its clinicopathological significance. Onco Targets Ther 12:1249-1258 (2019). PubMed: 30863092
- Li Q et al. Effect of STC2 gene silencing on colorectal cancer cells. Mol Med Rep 20:977-984 (2019). PubMed: 31173256
- He H et al. Stanniocalcin 2 (STC2) expression promotes post-radiation survival, migration and invasion of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Cancer Manag Res 11:6411-6424 (2019). PubMed: 31372045
- Li T et al. Long non-coding RNA HOTAIR/microRNA-206 sponge regulates STC2 and further influences cell biological functions in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cell Prolif 52:e12651 (2019). PubMed: 31297902
- Xue K et al. Downregulation of LINC00460 decreases STC2 and promotes autophagy of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma by up-regulating microRNA-206. Life Sci 231:116459 (2019). PubMed: 31075234
- Lake AD et al. The adaptive endoplasmic reticulum stress response to lipotoxicity in progressive human nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Toxicol Sci 137:26-35 (2014). PubMed: 24097666