Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Staphylococcus aureus (FITC)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Staphylococcus aureus
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Staphylococcus aureus antibody (FITC)
See all Staphylococcus aureus primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Staphylococcus aureus (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Staphylococcus aureus
Soluble and structural antigens of Staphylococcus aureus whole bacterium; ATCC #27660.
This antibody reacts with Staphylococcus aureus in bacterial and infected tissue samples.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody reacts with Staphylococcus aureus in bacterial and infected tissue samples.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68950 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceS.aureus binds IgG molecules by their Fc region. In serum, the bacteria will bind IgG molecules in the wrong orientation on their surface, which hinders opsonization and phagocytosis. Mutants of S. aureus lacking protein A are more efficiently phagocytosed in vitro, and mutants in infection models have diminished virulence. Due to its affinity for the Fc region of many mammalian immunoglobulins, protein A is considered a universal reagent in biochemistry and immunology.
Cellular localizationSecreted; cell wall.
- IgG binding protein A antibody
- Immunoglobulin G binding protein A antibody
- SPA antibody
ab68950 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Becerra SC et al. An optimized staining technique for the detection of Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria within tissue. BMC Res Notes 9:216 (2016). PubMed: 27071769